Tour de Deuce - Revamped!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent the box on its way yesterday to California for a flight in Nevada. Hopefully Oklahoma after that. We still need to figure out how to fly it in WV. I thought that it would be neat to fly it in Coalwood for the October Sky festival, but I have a wedding scheduled for that day. :(

Any flight updates? My time frame for launching has come and gone. I'm now looking at March or later before I'll start flying again. If anyone can get it done before then, ship the Dueces to them next.

I have confirmation that Nevada has been completed. A flight report should be appearing soon and then we'll figure out who can fly it next.

I'll need them for Red Glare, gonna knock out DE then....hopefully Jim will push the button for me :kill: after all, we stay at the same DE motel and there's an empty lot next to it that screams "duce."

They haven't been announced yet, but it's usually around the 3rd weekend of April. I'd love to join you guys in the launch!

Was delaware done during RG? If not I live in DE and have a few great sites to launch in North Wilmington. Let me know Thanks Andrew

Hi,

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, I don’t think DE was ever done, I have had the two Deuces since doing Nevada last year and just shipped them back to John Partridge to coordinate with the rest of the launches.

So, looking back at the list in post #94 , 42 states have been completed and there are now just 8 states left to finish the Tour de Deuce national tour of the 50 states.
I think this would be the updated list of remaining states:

Delaware
Idaho
Louisiana
Massachusetts 2nd to last state - Doug Gardei
Nevada Done Sept, 2011 Craig Cline
New Hampshire Last state - Jim Flis
Oklahoma
West Virginia
Wyoming

Was delaware done during RG? If not I live in DE and have a few great sites to launch in North Wilmington. Let me know Thanks Andrew

Here is a pic from the Nevada launch, Sept. 2011. The site was Jean dry lake bed, just out of Las Vegas. I would like to say it was extremely hot, but I would be understating it. We flew each Deuce one time on C6-3's and they were great flights.

P1000482 (3).jpg

More pics from the Nevada launch:

Here is one recovery site: P1000496 (2).JPG
Here is the custom shipping box for the Deuces: P1000928 (2).JPG
Here are some of the past state mementos in the box: P1000920 (2).JPG

Here is the Nevada memento added to the box: P1000932 (2).JPG

I now have the box with the Tour de Deuce Rockets in my possession. If you want to arrange to launch them in one (or more) of the remaining eight (actually six, so that Jim and Doug get the last two) states, please let me know and we'll figure out the logistics.

send them to me. I had volunteered to do them at red glare with Jim at the hotel...there's a field next to it....

rick

I now have the box with the Tour de Deuce Rockets in my possession. If you want to arrange to launch them in one (or more) of the remaining eight (actually six, so that Jim and Doug get the last two) states, please let me know and we'll figure out the logistics.

Thank you ever so much for running with this! I just haven't had the cycles in my day/week/months to do anything with this!

Very much appreciated,
Jim

send them to me. I had volunteered to do them at red glare with Jim at the hotel...there's a field next to it....

rick

Forgive me, I'm not as familiar with the East Coast as I ought to be.

So Red Glare would put you in... Delaware?

And WHEN is that?

it's in MD but we'll do Deleware because that's where I stay (and so does Jim, if I'm lucky he'll push the button)

Nov 15-19 I'll be in deleware, the launch is nov 16-18

rick

I'm in Ohio, but I will be in West Virginia over Christmas if you still need that state at that time. The only place I know of to launch is not very big, but with light winds I could do it.

Dropped the box off at the Post Office this morning. The Tour de Deuce is on its way to CT and to Red Glare!

Stay tuned. Only eight states left!

Dropped the box off at the Post Office this morning. The Tour de Deuce is on its way to CT and to Red Glare!

Stay tuned. Only eight states left!

Contact me offline as I hope to do some work to update the tour pages over the upcoming holiday weekend :)

Thanks for all your help!

How many states are left?

Presently there are eight (8) states left.

Delaware
Idaho
Louisiana
Massachusetts 2nd to last state - Doug Gardei
Nevada Done Sept, 2011 Craig Cline
New Hampshire Last state - Jim Flis
Oklahoma
West Virginia
Wyoming

Jim Flis, I sent you an email offline a while back but somehow you must've missed it. Can you find it or should I try again?

Presently there are eight (8) states left.

Jim Flis, I sent you an email offline a while back but somehow you must've missed it. Can you find it or should I try again?

Dang! I had it saved away so I wouldn't forget to respond, and guess what... LOL

I will be in touch! :)

gonna try to sneak down for the Christmas tree launch. If so, I'll do Delaware then....

trying to convince the wife now 60 degrees, 3 mph winds...and a need to burn AP

Back