Tour De Deuce Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, why not send them on to Scott (krsconstruction) to take care of Pennsylvania, and then he can send 'em to me for New Jersey?

- Tom

Tom PM me your address so as soon as I get them and me my son launch them I can send them onto you.

I just tried to sign up for Ohio but the form crashed when I pressed "submit." I'd like to launch with one of the Area clubs Akron, Columbus, or Cleveland depending on weather and launch schedules. If nothing else, we can "git 'er done" at the soccer fields.

I just tried to sign up for Ohio but the form crashed when I pressed "submit." I'd like to launch with one of the Area clubs Akron, Columbus, or Cleveland depending on weather and launch schedules. If nothing else, we can "git 'er done" at the soccer fields.

I will look into this... when you say "crashed", could you provide more detail? Perhaps a screen shot so I can see any error messages?

jim

I will look into this... when you say "crashed", could you provide more detail? Perhaps a screen shot so I can see any error messages?

jim

Jim, I tried it again just now and it worked okay. Before, it acted like it was trying to execute a bad link but I can't recall the exact error code. It was similar the the white screen you get on an error 404. Perhaps it happened when I entered once and was asked to enter additional info in the street address line (I have a PO Box) and then hit enter again after typing a street address. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Jim, I tried it again just now and it worked okay. Before, it acted like it was trying to execute a bad link but I can't recall the exact error code. It was similar the the white screen you get on an error 404. Perhaps it happened when I entered once and was asked to enter additional info in the street address line (I have a PO Box) and then hit enter again after typing a street address. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Nope, not a problem :) Also, I got your submission. thanks!

jim

did you get it yet? I Mailed it Thurdays I believe Priority.

Ben

did you get it yet? I Mailed it Thurdays I believe Priority.

Ben

Ben,

I got them Sat. Sorry I did not post sooner been a busy weekend with building a new website for our business. I hope to get them launch with in the next week or so pending on weather.

Thanks

Ben,

I got them Sat. Sorry I did not post sooner been a busy weekend with building a new website for our business. I hope to get them launch with in the next week or so pending on weather.

Thanks

ok good. I was just really worried since I lost a $25 package in the mail a few weeks ago.

Ben

Nope, not a problem :) Also, I got your submission. thanks!

jim
John, you're a lucky dog - I was going to put my name in the hat for Ohio, but I kinda figured Carl Tulanko had a lock on it. That's OK - Mr. Flis is probably tired of hearing from me anyway... :p

Dave,

I don't know if I am guaranteed anything. I'd love to do it, but I recognize that i am just a novice in rocketry. I f you apply you just might get it instead of me (and I'm okay with that too). In any case, there are several states ahead of me and a winter full of rotten weather. You never know, maybe you could make it over when we get around to it. I'd love to launch it at a club launch or otherwise when more people could be around.

That's ok - you go for it. I first learned of the Tour quite a long time ago and didn't jump in. Since then I've been involved in a few beta builds and I've gotten a lot of great advice from Jim on my son's project rocket, so I'm gonna sit this one out. Let us know where and when you're going to send it up; I might bring my Flis-autographed Tres to go up with it!

Are there any updates? I haven't heard anything recently! Did PA go OK?

Jason

Are there any updates? I haven't heard anything recently! Did PA go OK?

Jason

Jason PA has not flown yet due to bad weather. I am hoping that this weekend we may get a chance if the weather man is right. I need to get these flown along with 8 proto type rockets so I can release them for production. I hate winters here.

John, you're a lucky dog - I was going to put my name in the hat for Ohio, but I kinda figured Carl Tulanko had a lock on it. That's OK - Mr. Flis is probably tired of hearing from me anyway... :p

I just looked over the site and saw Ohio still blank, could have sworn Ohio was spoken for by Carl Tulanko a few YEARS ago. I also just tossed my name in for consideration, figuring maybe since Carl had not been flying much these past few years he might have bowed out. Figured I'd at least try to keep it in QUARK if we could (Carl's section).

I have a week off from teaching (winter recess) and I am going to spend some time getting the site and data up to date

Jason, Eugenio, can you help me with that?

More soon!
jim

I have a week off from teaching (winter recess) and I am going to spend some time getting the site and data up to date

Jason, Eugenio, can you help me with that?

More soon!
jim

Bout time :rolleyes:

Just kidding, Jim I think by the en of 2008 we can wrap this up. I am going to go to Delaware again sometime soon and fly these!

Ben

I think the PA volunteer has them still. Have not heard from him. kands, if you're out there, please provide an update!

Jason

I think the PA volunteer has them still. Have not heard from him. kands, if you're out there, please provide an update!

Jason

They will be flown on the 26th of this month at our club launch and then shipped to Tom. Sorry for the delay but do to weather and work we have not had a chance to get them in the air.

Finally got a chance to get these flown. Here are some picture. I will be getting these shipped out fri or sat to Tom.

Picture%20027.jpg

Picture%20029.jpg

Picture%20030.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Great photos Scott! I received the rockets on Monday and the box was in great shape. I've opened it briefly to check the contents; didn't take everything out yet but it all looks intact. Good job on the packing!

Our club launch is at the end of the month. Hope we have good weather!

Too windy at last month's club meeting, the Deuces finally flew today. Great day for a launch! I'll post more pics later, maybe in higher resolution, but here are a few to start with.

Liftoff.jpg

flight.jpg

flight_crop.jpg

landing.jpg

Justy FYI, mail them to someone who is going to LDRS and then we can cross KS off the list.

Ben

Justy FYI, mail them to someone who is going to LDRS and then we can cross KS off the list.

Ben

I'm still waiting for them to update the website to show the states that they ALREADY crossed off the list...

I'm still waiting for them to update the website to show the states that they ALREADY crossed off the list...

Yeah, I have to get a note in to Jason and Eugenio to help me gather the data then get the update done. It probably won't happen till after NARAM though, in any case...

CONGRATS on the Deuce launch! So good to see those birds back in the air where they belong :)

Wow, I am so far behind it's not even funny. Congratulations guys and thank you so much!

Who has them now? Please e-mail me.

Thanks,
Jason

Ben

If the project's still going on, I'm headed to LDRS and would love to get KS checked off.... unless it's been done?

I'd need the rockets fairly soon, though.

Back