Tour De Deuce Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Jersey still hasn't been done???? I've contacted the president of our club to see if we can't fix that. :D It would be nice to send 'em up with a big crowd watching. Not that we get big crowds in winter. :(

Alright guys, I'm giving the word. Go ahead! If you could keep the TDD Team in the loop, we'd appreciate it.

Ben, once you are through with Delaware, go ahead and ship to Tom in New Jersey and let's get that outta the way.

Our e-mail addresses are as follows:

Me: [email protected]
Jim: [email protected]
Eugene: [email protected]

Thanks,
Jason

Alright guys, I'm giving the word. Go ahead! If you could keep the TDD Team in the loop, we'd appreciate it.

Ben, once you are through with Delaware, go ahead and ship to Tom in New Jersey and let's get that outta the way.

Our e-mail addresses are as follows:

Me: [email protected]
Jim: [email protected]
Eugene: [email protected]

Thanks,
Jason

I was just thinking that. I am giving my address to paparoof and then I will mail them after I am done.

Ben

I was just thinking that. I am giving my address to paparoof and then I will mail them after I am done.

Ben

got yer address Ben - I'm gonna try and get them out today. update to follow....

Well I didn't make it Saturday, so I just brought 'em down to our company mail room - they're gonna send 'em 2-day so we won't have to worry about missing your deadline.

I added almost another whole roll of packing tape to the box too!

The souvenirs I put in:

South Dakota - my son picked out a little tourist packet of cards with pictures of all the famous things from South Dakota. There's Mount Rushmore and.... a pheasant. :lol:

North Dakota - we didn't go far enough into North Dakota to see a store, so instead of a purchased souvenir, I threw in the booster section of my FlisKits Cheetah. The rest of which was last seen way, way, way above North Dakota. We lost sight of it BEFORE the second motor lit. I did hear the second motor light, so we knew right away we were never gonna see that one again.

Now that I'm officially done with my part of the Tour de Deuce I wanna say one last THANK YOU for letting me and my son be a part of this. It was a fantastic week of bonding between us and we're both extremely proud to have been able to participate.

Ha! I think that "box" is more packing tape than cardboard!

The souvenirs are really cool. For those of you at the end of the tour, you will have alot of cool things to look at besides just those two rockets. :)

I simply LOVED the box of souvenirs :) When the tour is complete these will adorn the case that the Deuce's will be in.

jim

The souvenirs I put in:

If I remember correctly, we had 2 postcards, one of the town and one of Memorial Bridge, and a shot glass with the town name on it.

I hope Jim likes drinking shots, he's got a few of them in there.

:pirate:

If I remember correctly, we had 2 postcards, one of the town and one of Memorial Bridge, and a shot glass with the town name on it.

I hope Jim likes drinking shots, he's got a few of them in there.

:pirate:

I'll put em' to use! ;)

Ben - you should have the rockets today - let me know ASAP so I can start breathing again.....

If you need someone to do PA let me know. Our club will not be launching till april.

wow almost 1,000 posts in this thread. I got it yesterday and I shecked it out this morning. Lots of cool stuff. If I cannot find a place in Delaware I will launch it at my local club on the 14th or 15th as a treat for them.

I'll take them to a club launch here in New Jersey when you are done. Our next one scheduled is for December 22nd, but with all the other packages travelling through the mail during the holidays, I don't know that they'll get here in time for that one. Besides it might not be a good idea to ship them during that chaos and risk damaging the rockets.

Too bad they can't be here before Christmas. I did like the idea of launching them from Pennsylvania, over the river, and into New Jersey. To kinda re-enact
Washington crossing the Delaware
. Get two states for the price of one. What do you think? :rotflol:

Get two states for the price of one. What do you think? :rotflol:
Technically, wouldn't you then have to launch them back across, so that each state had a launch and a landing? I've thought of doing that as well.

I was just joking since safe recovery would be impossible. At least along the banks of the river that I'm familiar with.

(digression ON)
Now if the river froze over you might theoretically launch on the ice and do both states at once. Or is it neither? Riparian rights are so confusing.
(digression OFF)

My son and I are willing to launch them in Pennsylvania if no one has dibs yet. Are club will not launch till april but we have private launches on the farm that we can do it sooner. Let me know.

oh sorry. Well, i took them along with us but the weather was getting cloudy and we didn't see a park and it was getting later in the day. (my dad said e isn't driving 20 miles off the beaten path to find one) They are alive and well though :) Whoever needs them let me know and I will ship them. I will be at the MDRA Red Glare launch if anyone needs to pick them up.

Ben

Hey Jason/Eugenio -

Can you post an updated list of uncompleted states? I know there's a list on the TDD website, but it hasn't been updated in a while - it still shows the dakotas....

I ask cause I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling for work in the next year and if I end up in a state that still needs to be completed I'll be more than happy to do it.

Hey Jason/Eugenio -

Can you post an updated list of uncompleted states? I know there's a list on the TDD website, but it hasn't been updated in a while - it still shows the dakotas....

I ask cause I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling for work in the next year and if I end up in a state that still needs to be completed I'll be more than happy to do it.

I guess they are not worried about trying to finish the other states since I offered to launch them in my state but got no response.

Jason? Let's see if we can't kick start this thing into operation again :) Contact me here or via email. Let's get responses to these folks.

Let's also get the information I need to get the site updated and I will tackle that job as well.

jim

Jason? Let's see if we can't kick start this thing into operation again :) Contact me here or via email. Let's get responses to these folks.

Let's also get the information I need to get the site updated and I will tackle that job as well.

jim

Go Jim!! I am hoping to try and get Delaware again this summer. Maybe when we go to MDRA launch we can spend the 45min it took to get to Delaware and fly them.

Ben

Ben, why not send them on to Scott (krsconstruction) to take care of Pennsylvania, and then he can send 'em to me for New Jersey?

- Tom

Ben, why not send them on to Scott (krsconstruction) to take care of Pennsylvania, and then he can send 'em to me for New Jersey?

- Tom

Ok. I'll PM him and see if I can get his address.

Ben

Back