TLP Indigo Build, (With Launch Video Now)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I've been bragging about a flight nobody else can even enjoy.
I think I fixed it by changing it to public, so enjoy.

[video=youtube;n_4PixwVYug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_4PixwVYug[/video]

Last edited:
Great build thread and nice flight. TLP kits are great for the modelers in us. You do very good work. Thanks for sharing. Oz

Finally got to see it on my computer monitor, very nice! Looked really great going up during dusk.

Finally got to see it on my computer monitor, very nice! Looked really great going up during dusk.

Thanks!

Glad you noticed the time of day!
Long ago, I learned that if you want the perfect moment and the best picture of the flames, it has to be either dawn or dusk.

Now that I finally have a decent pad, I'll be flying more often, and I'm working on gaining access to a bigger field and getting a chute release.

I had ENOUGH of the Spiral:mad: and any other little imperfections, so I went crazy with the Bondo.

The spiral is still profound despite my thinking I had it licked back in the day.

I don't even deal with spirals anymore thanks to glass.

Looking back on this build thread is nice, because it reveals how naive I was, and thusly, I must still be.

I was just given a sample yard of Carbon Fiber Cloth, and have been doing lots of research into it.
Thankfully, nowadays I can spend the time I would have spent sanding spirals doing research.

Perhaps I should evolve it, like I did to my Star Trooper.
Strip, bore out, glass, new beveled fins......
Sculpt the shape into something new.

Just a thought. I have no time to actually do that.

8x Slo-mo reveals that as I expected, the rocket exhibits a slight twist due to that fin that is off by the slightest bit.

[video=youtube;4mp8fY2GoxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mp8fY2GoxE[/video]

Last edited:
Back