Tim Allen

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Allen01

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Tim Allen and I'm the son of Edwin M. Allen, Sr., who was one of the gentleman credited on the patent of the FLIR that guides the Sidewinder AIM-9 missile. My dad was always very proud of his contributions to this project and o er the years I've come to appreciate it more and more.

Its very odd to me that today of all days I found this forum, as its the anniversary of its first use during the Second Taiwan Strait Crisis.

I'm not a rocket scientist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do share some of my dad's problem solving capabilities.

Hey everyone. My name is Tim Allen and I'm the son of Edwin M. Allen, Sr., who was one of the gentleman credited on the patent of the FLIR that guides the Sidewinder AIM-9 missile. My dad was always very proud of his contributions to this project and o er the years I've come to appreciate it more and more.

Its very odd to me that today of all days I found this forum, as its the anniversary of its first use during the Second Taiwan Strait Crisis.

I'm not a rocket scientist by any stretch of the imagination, but I do share some of my dad's problem solving capabilities.
Very cool!

What have you been doing on the hobby side of rocketry?

Back