Thread: Name your favorite OOP Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good one.

Tweety bird, the rocket in my avatar, made it’s first two flights with the L640 in the center hole of a 5 x 54mm cluster. I like having positive thrust while the outboard motors light. Since those first flights, I have been using the Loki M1378, which is getting hard to find too.

K250W, old school style. I was given one earlier this year. Can't wait to burn it at Argonia :)

I wish I could have seen some RocketFlite silver streaks. I was in the hobby early enough that I could have gotten my hands on some if I bugged my dad enough about it, but didn't know about them then...

If favorite means most used, that would be the Estes A3-6t.

If favorite means the most enjoyable, that would be the FSI E5.

Rocketflite F50 Silverstreak. Used to fly them at almost every launch. We bought a crate of Silverstreaks and had it shipped, opened it at Battle Park. It lasted for years.

Attachments

• 827CE4B6-DE22-4BB5-BBF8-B7383CDBA155.jpeg
    827CE4B6-DE22-4BB5-BBF8-B7383CDBA155.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
Alex, I'll take "Antique Propellant" for 50 please.
Single use K250
F-100-0; F100-7
G55
F-14 black
C-11; C-5
B-14
MRC 'trackers'
Any Ellis roadrunners
I'm sure I'm missing a few.
The motor museum has been buried over the pandemic.
I'd prefer "Crazy Dave" to "Mr. Cato" any day.

Rocketflite G (which if my memory is correct was TRA certified as a small H) and H Silverstreaks. I'm fortunate to have 4 Gs and 5 Hs vacuum bagged. One day they will fly again.
Also, anything that Frank Kosdon made. I miss that guy...
Ron Urinsco made a lot of very cool motors back in the he-and-Dunkel days as well.

Anything in large black powder motors..... E60,F100,,, rocketflite motors, AVI gold series,,,,

Kosdon L1860. First time I saw one was Jim Davis flying it in a 54mm Minimum Diameter rocket. Mach 2.3 was the simulated speed - this was when I was ~11 years ago, so 24 years ago. I vividly remember seeing the rocket postflight with the paint peeled off of the nose cone tip, etc.

Jim gave me this very rocket earlier this year and I plan to fly it again. Perhaps a Loki L1040 will be just the ticket unless I can find another hard hitting fast-burning motor. K2050 wouldn't come close to that velocity, I think.

Latest posts

Back