The worst and best 2024 super bowl ads!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
The worst was definitely the TEMU ads. They did not make me want to buy TEMU junk. Here it is, if you didn't see it:

The best, I think was definitely either the state farm commercial:

Or the one where everything grew a mullet:

What do you think?

Wasn't a fan of the Temu ad, especially given their business practices.

Thought the State Farm one was ok.

Didn't see the Kawasaki one.

Thought the Ben Affleck one for Dunkin' Donuts was good, although still not as funny as the "Smaht Pahk" ad from a few years ago:

Is there really a such thing as a "good" ad? They are all interrupting what I actually want to see in order to shove a product I probably don't need in my face.

Honestly, I couldn't care less for the game but the GF wanted to watch it so we watched it. I was looking forward to only two things the entire time, the commercials and the end.

Is there really a such thing as a "good" ad? They are all interrupting what I actually want to see in order to shove a product I probably don't need in my face.
+1 (I guess you can judge on how well they do it?)

Ps my fav was the anti antisemitism ad, good to see money spent for a good cause.

The RFK one and the Jesus one were just offensive to me. RFK had to apologize to his family about it. The Wicked one was super creepy. I enjoyed the stage play and the creative back story, but that movie just looks awful.

Well, those ads are what are allowing you to watch it on broadcast TV, as opposed to a pay service. Ads give us an opportunity to get more snacks, hit the restroom, stretch, etc.

I consider an ad good if it is entertaining and not disingenuous. And if a company I may never buy from wants to pay huge fees so I can watch the Super Bowl for free using my circa 1997 antenna in the attic, I’m happy to sit through a few ads. Especially since I have an OTA DVR that allows me to skip past them if I want.

Tony

I didn't actually see the dunkin one, I will look at it later. Also, during the time that the ads are playing, would be watching an empty field. The superbowl ads, more often than not, are entertaining

If I didn't hate those criminals at State farm so much, I would say they had the best advertisement, but I really got a reaming from them :mad:

As a very general rule of thumb, the more an insurance company advertises on TV, the less effort they put into paying out claims.
That's pretty much true... when was the last time you saw an Auto Club commercial? Yup, that's why I have them... both of the times I've needed them (i.e. somebody hit ME...) they waived the deductible without even seeing the car.

There were a few cringe worth SB ads this year. Most were during second half. I guess they thought a lot of folks would be so drunk they could think they were good.

Well, those ads are what are allowing you to watch it on broadcast TV, as opposed to a pay service. Ads give us an opportunity to get more snacks, hit the restroom, stretch, etc.
I would honestly rather watch what I want to watch on a paid ad-free service and just be able to pause it whenever I want.

Back