The Rokitflite Fake-Wulf Is Ready!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys!
I have fun with the packaging and I'm glad it shows! As you MAY have figured by now, I am a hopeless collector so I made it look good for my fellow collectors! However, I DID try to make a super cool model to build and fly, so I hope more Fake-Wulfs make it to the launch pad than Odysseys did!

And by the way, if there is a ferret hair in your kit it is considered good luck!:D

Woo-hoo! #47 showed up on my doorstep today! What a packaging job! This kit could have survived a hurricane!

I'm fighting the urge to rip it open and fondle the parts.... Gotta wait until I clean off my building table so I don't loose any bits! Maybe over the wekend!

Originally posted by PunkRocketScience
Woo-hoo! #47 showed up on my doorstep today! What a packaging job! This kit could have survived a hurricane!

I'm fighting the urge to rip it open and fondle the parts.... Gotta wait until I clean off my building table so I don't loose any bits! Maybe over the wekend!

Good Lord!
Don't let them hear me say this, but I have NO problem with the USPS raising prices! From coast to coast in 2 days!?!? For less than $5! I'm glad you are happy with your purchase Todd! Thanks!

Originally posted by rokitflite
.... And by the way, if there is a ferret hair in your kit it is considered good luck!:D

My kit has one of those "good luck" ferret hairs. I guess I will have to put it with my two 4-leaf clovers, my rabbit foot, the horse shoe, and that old torn pair of blue jeans...

:)

Originally posted by rosko_racer
My kit has one of those "good luck" ferret hairs. I guess I will have to put it with my two 4-leaf clovers, my rabbit foot, the horse shoe, and that old torn pair of blue jeans...

:)

Then you have Gus' blessing! (My critter, not our friend here on TRF)!:D

Is this like a cereal box contest where if you get a ferret
hair in the package you get a blessing?:D :D

Originally posted by PunkRocketScience
Woo-hoo! #47 showed up on my doorstep today! What a packaging job! This kit could have survived a hurricane![snip]

Cool! It might even survive being processed by Australia Post... ;)

Thanks Rokitflite!

Package received. Found it when i came home from a business trip on friday.

This one will be built before christmas, cuz i am moving back to europe so i 2 weeks it will be in a sea container.

Thanks Again, great work,

Heut

OK, I picked up a single hole punch at Walmart yesterday for $.97, so now I can start building the pod!:p

I was looking for this at my local Home Depot, but no luck.

Where does one find this material?

Thanks.

Originally posted by jimmyk
I was looking for this at my local Home Depot, but no luck.

Where does one find this material?

Thanks.
I found it inside my kit... :D

I finished the pod last night. I was surprised at how quickly it all went together! With a low humidity day, I might even get the front portion painted tonight. :)

Originally posted by cmmeyers
I finished the pod last night. I was surprised at how quickly it all went together! With a low humidity day, I might even get the front portion painted tonight. :)

Glad to hear it! I do think the kit goes together pretty quickly. I can't REALLY go by MY thoughts though because I've put almost a dozen of them together:rolleyes: Lets see some pictures!:D

Originally posted by jimmyk
Will you be at NSL to sell them?

Sorry, no... Can't afford any tavelin' at this time:( ... Did your decals arrive yet Jim?

OK, I'll order another one, then, the old fashioned way ;) The camo looks is fantastic, but I need one to join my Der Max family.

And yes, I got the decals. Thanks!

I'll have a Der Max family portrait up soon.

Got mine today!:D

Wonderfully well packaged! Not a dent or ding to the parcel, and everything has survived perfectly all the way to Sweden!

Awwww this will be so much fun!

That you had sent along enough spare parts to "make up for some of the freight" makes me almost feel ashamed, as freight cost is something you can't decide over. If you'd like some reimbursement for all the extra stuff then just let me know!!!

Read this page: https://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/saabj29.htm

Here I quote: "But in November, Saab came into possession of German research material, via intelligence reports provided by Switzerland. The reports revealed the advantages of sweptback wings."

There might have be more than just intelligence that came from post war Europe... ;)

I think this one might be of German origin, but the paint scheme could very well turn out differently. I will have to look into what this particular bird is before the paint scheme reveals itself. There must have been some sort of influence that created the paint scheme on the SAAB J-29 flying barrel...

(From what I have gathered the Swiss not only provided Saab with intelligence but also a slightly damaged Fake Wulf that had a bad landing in Baden-Wurteldalen in north Switzerland just days before the red army entered Berlin. Saab brought it out of Switzerland by painting it in more neutral colours as not to look like a German airplane. As the Swedish air force wanted in (naturally!), the FW that ended up in Sweden later on got the Swedish crown marks.
I can't confirm that this is a true story or not, because if I told you, I'd have to make sure you kept silent... :kill: )

:D

Edit: Just heard through "the channels" that the place for the unfortunate landing actually was Bad-Landtingsberg and nothing else...

Originally posted by Balltip
Got mine today!:D

Wonderfully well packaged! Not a dent or ding to the parcel, and everything has survived perfectly all the way to Sweden!

Awwww this will be so much fun!

That you had sent along enough spare parts to "make up for some of the freight" makes me almost feel ashamed, as freight cost is something you can't decide over. If you'd like some reimbursement for all the extra stuff then just let me know!!!

-Scotts a great guy! He sent me a bunch of "extra stuff" once.:)

Back