The Rokitflite Fake-Wulf Is Ready!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much great buzz here and elsewhere about the 'wulf I had to buy one. Thankfully I still could. Arrived yesterday. Packaging alone is a work of art. Will get to the building of it someday hopefully soon. Thanks Scott.

Originally posted by flight4
So much great buzz here and elsewhere about the 'wulf I had to buy one. Thankfully I still could. Arrived yesterday. Packaging alone is a work of art. Will get to the building of it someday hopefully soon. Thanks Scott.

Thanks Flight',
And with that I have 1 kit left so it looks like I had better get some more ready! Thank you to all of my buyers!!! I can't wait to hear more flight reports:D

Just shot a payment to you for that kit! :) I am sure , as a collector, that a single digit release kit does have some value..Honestly, I have made 3 attempts to open the bag, but all three time my hand refused to close the scissors to cut open the bag! I shouldn't have that problem with this kit :D

Originally posted by rokitflite
Thanks Flight',
And with that I have 1 kit left so it looks like I had better get some more ready! Thank you to all of my buyers!!! I can't wait to hear more flight reports:D

And it looks like I was able to snatch that last kit up(well, til he kits more that is :) )

Na-na-nana na:p

And got the e-mail for the 'click-n-ship' confirmation! Should be here when I get back from California on Tuesday! Gonna be fun to build! As soon as I get the bloody ejection tubes glued on to my Astron Trident...

Thanks Scott!!!

Number 50 has arrived safe and sound in Melbourne, Australia. :D

Time to clear the decks and build me a glider!

OK....I got the camo pattern painted on. Next is to mask off the canopy and I'll be done painting!

I finally unpacked my kit yesterday and got started on it.... And finished building it! I've still got to finish it, but construction is complete!

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in the thread, but I wanted to point it out myself as well... The instructions for this kit are FANTASTIC! If it's a warm day (as it was here yesterday) and you have 3-4 hours to kill, you can finiish building your Fake-Wulf in a single sitting!

Scott has thought out the order of the steps prefectly! While you are waiting for the glue to set up on one assembly, he directs you to complete another. You don't have to stop working until the whole thing is finished! Amazing! Obviously written by a top-notch builder!

The "big boys" of rocketry could learn a thing or two about a thing or two from this kit!:D

First Flight for mine. Used a B6-4. Great launch and separation. But glider performance could be improved. It spiraled to the grass more than glided. How can I improve this?

FW on the pad

Originally posted by jimmyk
First Flight for mine. Used a B6-4. Great launch and separation. But glider performance could be improved. It spiraled to the grass more than glided. How can I improve this?

FW on the pad

Did you read the "trimming" section of the instructions? I felt they were pretty complete, but let me know if there is something that is unclear... Also, I REALLY do not recommend B6-4s... Especially for the first flight!:eek:

Did you read the "trimming" section of the instructions? I felt they were pretty complete, but let me know if there is something that is unclear... Also, I REALLY do not recommend B6-4s... Especially for the first flight!:eek:

Ah, that's were they are! The only section I forgot to print. Thanks!

I started mine today.
I'm papering the wings with self-adhesive label paper.
Not sure if this will affect the glide, I'll find out. :)

My 2nd Fake Wulf was sitting on my table for me when I got back from CA yesterday! Scott, you SHOULD have! But, I had no problems cutting open the bag as you can see! Love those 'remote control' scissors!! :p

CuttingTheBag002.jpg

Can't wait to start on it! Will be either tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I get finished up on the Trident I am finishing after a 30 year break in construction! :eek:

I am trimming my first one and will be starting on the second one. The second will join my Red Max family.

max.jpg

Scott, any suggestions on decal design?

Originally posted by jimmyk

Scott, any suggestions on decal design?

Well, I am working on a Fake-Wulf specific, Red Max inspired optional decal sheet... I should (hopefully) have it finished in a couple of weeks:D .

PS. I like that Red Baron!!!;)

Well, I am working on a Fake-Wulf specific, Red Max inspired optional decal sheet... I should (hopefully) have it finished in a couple of weeks:D .

Sure would be nice for those of us who are paint challenged. :rolleyes:

Banner Red.. Done!:D ;)

I'll be sanding primer again on my first one today. Ding ding, round two of Foose vs. Fake Wulf.

I finished applying decals today. The only thing left to do is give it an application of Dull Cote and then to launch it!

Here are a couple of pictures....

fake-wulf1.jpg

And finally...sitting in the grass. This was taken from about 8 feet away. It just blends right in.:rolleyes: I wonder if my color scheme was a good idea!;)

fake-wulf4.jpg

Just keep a keen eye on it as it glides down ;) Maybe paint the pop-pod a bright neon red or orange so it is REAL easy to find!:D Looks awesome! Gotta get a hole punch before I can start mine..But the parts are laid out and waiting for me to start up! Hopefully it will be half as good as some of those I have seen posted! I am thinking I live in a crooked world...lol..Just noticed on another rocket how crooked I glued the launch lug on..Guess an angle iron should be added to my shopping list when I get paint for my Trident....:rolleyes:

TOP SEEKRIT!

A very quick picture of something I saw at my LHS the other night. Sorry it's so blurry- the manager of the store was trying to take my cell phone away!

Whoops. I've been asked to remove the photo. :cry:

kj

Man, that is so GOOOD! :D

Mine is yet about a week from completion. I got "too many" builds going at the moment! :eek::D:rolleyes:

...two of them are in their underwears now, and the IRIS needs a lot more work. But I am getting there - promise! :)

TOP SEEKRIT!

A very quick picture of something I saw at my LHS the other night. Sorry it's so blurry- the manager of the store was trying to take my cell phone away!

Whoops. I've been asked to remove the photo. :cry:

kj

Too late!

I saw the picture. :D

I guess I just felt that the designer of the model who spent several days working on it and the decal sheet should be the one to present it:rolleyes:. So I hope everyone who prefers the one color paint job option will approve :).

1.jpg

Back