The new "Simpsons" movie

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
Ok, this is stemming from a conversation I had yesterday.

How many folks are planning to see the Simpsons movie?

The content of the poll gives you the gist of that conversation.

That "Spider Pig" bit cracks me up everytime I see it! :rotflol:

I'm eating some KrustyO's right now. Really.

I won't vote since the poll is not a poll. many of the answers are the same. you might as well conduct 2 polls:

1) Ask for the various reasons WHY people will go see the movie.

2) Ask for the various reasons WHY peple will not go see the movie.

I'm going. I just went to the Kwik E Mart (one of the 12 is near me) and picked up some Krusty O's yeaterday.

I'm looking forward to it, I just hope it's worth the wait.

Phil

Joe and I are going. I'm convinced that when that pig scene happens, the whole audience will sing in unison "spider pig, spider pig, doing what ever a spider-pig does..." LOL

Yeah, it'll be epic LOL

Ever since I've heard the Spider-Pig tune, it's been stuck in my head! Repeating over and over. Help me before my head explodes! :pig:

I'll probably go, but doubt I can get the wife to go with me.

Spider-pig vs. Venom-pig and Carnage-pig. Coming to a dinner table near you.:pig::lol::rotflol:

I'm looking forward to hit, but will probably wait for it to come to DVD. Ever since my wife and I put a home theater in the living room, we haven't been to a movie (at least, not in the theater)! :D

I saw the preview for the movie at the theater. I don't know the context of this particular outtake, but it shows Homer flipping through the pages of a Bible and saying, "This book doesn’t have any answers." I think I'll pass.

The Simpsons are the ONLY family on television that goes to church every Sunday. Homer only mised church once and the consequences were dire (and funny).

OK, I guess that most of the family on "7th Heaven" go to church....

I saw the preview for the movie at the theater. I don't know the context of this particular outtake, but it shows Homer flipping through the pages of a Bible and saying, "This book doesn’t have any answers." I think I'll pass.

By the way, The Simpsons is a satire/comedy. They are making fun of Homer and his stupidity. If he is unable to read the bible or understand it, does that mean the writers are making fun of the bible or Homer?

Now South Park, that is a different story. And I find it much funnier!:rotflol:

Eh- The Simpsons have seen better days, and funnier scripts. Now, the return of Futurama, that's something to get excited about!

just saw it! FUNNY!! spider pi spider pig doing whatever a spider pig does!

Ben

Joe and I are going. I'm convinced that when that pig scene happens, the whole audience will sing in unison "spider pig, spider pig, doing what ever a spider-pig does..." LOL

Yeah, it'll be epic LOL

wow, it happened like that (but the unison was a tad off)

Ben

Just got home from seeing it and spider pig spider pig doing whatever a spider pig does! I kids will not stop singing it. Was a lot better then I thought it would be.

I went to see the movie late last night. It was sold out well in advance and there were more adults than kids by far!

I didn't want to go really... I figured it would be a good movie to rent and watch at home in a few months. But my Fiancée convinced me to go...

It was well worth it. The movie wasn't "GREAT." It isn't going to win an Oscar or Emmy or whatever. Maybe a Nickelodeon Kids choice award...

When the movie started the theater erupted in screams, applause and clapping. People went to the movie with Simpsons Slippers on, Face Masks of the Simpsons etc. People didn't get this excited for Star Wars (Well maybe some did)...

It was the atmosphere that made the movie. Everyone in there has seen the Simpsons over the past 2 decades. Would i go see it in a month when there is 4 people in the theater, probably not... I would wait to rent it. But with everything as is, I am glad I went.

I saw it yesterday. It didn't meet my expecations at all. I thought it was pretty bad, actually.

I saw it opening day and I thought they did a good job with it. Infact, its one of my favorite comedies so far.

I would give it 2.5-3 stars.

Back