TCC's Dairy Aire 2015 - DA2015 - Rained Out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a NAR member, so if I decide on a cert attempt, I'll probably cert with NAR if I can arrange for someone to sign off for me at this Tripoli event. That J290 looks like a great motor! It has a pretty long burn. Not really a long-burn motor, but more than some.

I believe Bruce the Perfect does NAR L1 and 2s.

I went through this myself last year. I do NOT think that Bruce can sign off on NAR certs. David R. from LUNAR told me today that he plans to be there. I would contact him and ask if he can sign off your cert flight. I'm not sure who else in the area is qualified from NAR's side.

I went through this myself last year. I do NOT think that Bruce can sign off on NAR certs. David R. from LUNAR told me today that he plans to be there. I would contact him and ask if he can sign off your cert flight. I'm not sure who else in the area is qualified from NAR's side.

Yes, I plan to be there and can sign off/witness L1/L2... I have L1/L2 applications.... I don't have the L2 test.... might need a NAR club for the L2 test...

I could swear Bruce the "Perfect" was doing NAR paper work for college kids after we packed up at the March TCC launch

Yes, I plan to be there and can sign off/witness L1/L2... I have L1/L2 applications.... I don't have the L2 test.... might need a NAR club for the L2 test...

I could swear Bruce the "Perfect" was doing NAR paper work for college kids after we packed up at the March TCC launch

Bruce may have gone dual-citizenship. But whether he did or not, you, or anyone else, should NOT have any trouble finding someone to sign a NAR L1 or L2 cert at Dairy Aire.

And if Dave said he would be there, you're good to go. I suggest sending him an e-mail prior to the launch to let him know what's up, and confirm he will bring some tests.

We are going to have two raffles at Dairy Aire this year, the regular one that the club always does, and a second one as a fund raiser for Marian of StickerShock23, to help with the medical bills.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...hock-Mark-quot-Go-Fund-Me-quot&highlight=fund

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?124594-Stickershock23-CLOSING-for-a-while

https://tccrockets.com/

PM me if you got something to donate to the raffle. -RZ

Very cool that you are doing a second raffle for Marian!

I won 2 things in the raffle at October Skies. That's the best I've ever done in a raffle.

We are going to have two raffles at Dairy Aire this year, the regular one that the club always does, and a second one as a fund raiser for Marian of StickerShock23, to help with the medical bills.

PM me if you got something to donate to the raffle. -RZ

Any chance you can post the items for Marian's raffle here in advance to drum up support?

Any chance you can post the items for Marian's raffle here in advance to drum up support?

Well for sure we'll have a der Red Max. One of their favorites. This one will likely be the 4 inch Estes one.
I think I got a Super DX3 going in too.

I'll probably make it down there for this launch, but it is the weekend before finals, so we'll see.

How much are the raffle tickets?

How much are the raffle tickets?

We'll probably do the standard 1 for a $1 and 6 for $5.

We got an almost collectors item in the raffle.
A North Coast Rocketry Star Wars X-Wing. It's new in the box, but the box has been opened.:clap:

We also have a LOC Precision "October Skies 2010 Commemorative kit" it's a 39 inches long by 2.56 inch diameter cardboard tube rocket, with 3 plywood thru the wall fins and a parachute. Looks like the Graduator.

And the Photon Disruptor we flew with Mark at SpringFest.

attachment.php

Well... actually the standard Estes one.:wink:

I emailed Bruce, he can't help with NAR tests. Sorry.

I emailed Bruce, he can't help with NAR tests. Sorry.
I spoke with Dave R of LUNAR about taking the L2 test at Dairy Aire and he plans to be there at least on Saturday...not sure if he said Friday and/or Sunday, too. He asked that I email him to confirm that I'll be there to take the test.

Sounds like those who need a NAR L2 exam should contact Dave at LUNAR. Non-LUNAR members: I think the email address is on the LUNAR website.

I spoke with Dave R of LUNAR about taking the L2 test at Dairy Aire and he plans to be there at least on Saturday...not sure if he said Friday and/or Sunday, too. He asked that I email him to confirm that I'll be there to take the test.

Sounds like those who need a NAR L2 exam should contact Dave at LUNAR. Non-LUNAR members: I think the email address is on the LUNAR website.

No doubt. Be sure to reach Dave at his e-mail...

president(at)lunar(dot)org

...before the launch, so he knows how many tests to bring.

Thanks. I still haven't decided if I'm going to try yet, but if I do, I'll contact Dave.

You are planning your L2 cert flight there? Which rocket and motor are you planning on using?

Thanks. I still haven't decided if I'm going to try yet, but if I do, I'll contact Dave.

You are planning your L2 cert flight there? Which rocket and motor are you planning on using?

If you decide to cert, want to do a drag race after you cert? I was looking at flying either an I540 or another I297 in mine, and both of those could be cool drag race motors. The I540 is White Thunder and should make for a really nice boost, and the I297 is also a really great sparky.

If you decide to cert, want to do a drag race after you cert? I was looking at flying either an I540 or another I297 in mine, and both of those could be cool drag race motors. The I540 is White Thunder and should make for a really nice boost, and the I297 is also a really great sparky.

Those both sound like great motors! I'm up for a drag race. But let me think through a few things about the cert attempt versus buying the 5-grain case and my budget for the launch. Are you placing an order with BAR? I've only bought from him onsite from whatever he has in stock. How early do you think he needs an order to be sure he will have the motors?

Those both sound like great motors! I'm up for a drag race. But let me think through a few things about the cert attempt versus buying the 5-grain case and my budget for the launch. Are you placing an order with BAR? I've only bought from him onsite from whatever he has in stock. How early do you think he needs an order to be sure he will have the motors?

If you are talking about an Aerotech 5-grain for the J350, I have a 38/720 motor and the reload adapter system you could borrow for a flight if you don't want to purchase the casing. The only condition is you CATO it you buy it! :wink:

Let me know,
Kyle

Latest posts

Back