TCC's Dairy Aire 2015 - DA2015 - Rained Out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a clue! I am leaning towards doing it, and will certainly report back.

I can't wait to hear about it if you go. I can't make it although I did consider going… I was planning to pick up motors at DA, so all I currently have is one I175. One 3K flight with my Crayon probably isn't worth the trip.

I might head to my local R/C club tomorrow and fly some planes since HPR isn't an option.

Last edited:
Today will be spent assembling the Aerotech I336R that I opened last night. Or I could just reseal the one exposed grain and package all the parts back up. Dunno yet which to do.

Monday I will take up my Madcow Frenzy and start laying down the external fillets to kick off Rocket Building Season 2015.

On the build pile are the OSXP, WM Punisher and Blackstar, a couple of small F/G rockets (WM Jart and Madcow FG Goblin), and a 4" tube fin which may just get scrapped in favor of Ari's 4" Bluefin Tuba. It would be nice if I could have them all done in time for October Skies.

I can't wait to hear about it if you go. I can't make it although I did consider going… I was planning to pick up motors at DA, so all I currently have is one I175. One 3K flight with my Crayon probably isn't worth the trip.

I might head to my local R/C club tomorrow and fly some planes since HPR isn't an option.

Mike is in Fresno, and I am stopping by to pick up some motors on the way!

Are you going to be flying with this club? https://renorocketry.com/

Where is the White Lake site? I don't see directions on their website.

EDIT: Found the location of White Lake on Google Maps. It's about 3.5 hours away, so probably over 4 with stops. Not terrible, but I'd probably need to spend a night in Reno. I'll look into it.

EDIT EDIT: Ugh... Just realized that's Memorial Day weekend. Traveling home to the Bay Area from the Tahoe Area will be awful.

That's the one. We will be heading up there either Saturday or early Sunday morning, and coming back Sunday evening. The launch ends at 3, so you could be back in the bay area before 8, it just depends how much driving you want to do in one day.

If you come there will be smoked tri-tip...

Kyle

That's helpful, but unfortunately I still can't go due to time constraints. Do you know how long he's staying there?

If you ever need an order from Mike delivered to a launch we will both be attending, let me know. He lives 15 minutes away. (Of course, I do need to factor in a 2-hour conversation with Mike) Sometimes he arranges for delivery to launches he can't attend. If not, I might be able to bring it.

Same offer to other TRF members.

If you ever need an order from Mike delivered to a launch we will both be attending, let me know. He lives 15 minutes away. (Of course, I do need to factor in a 2-hour conversation with Mike) Sometimes he arranges for delivery to launches he can't attend. If not, I might be able to bring it.

Same offer to other TRF members.

Thanks for offering.

I think in this case since the next launch I'll be able to attend is the TCC launch next month, I can pick up the motors at a Lunar lunch.

There was mention of maybe trying to extend the June 20 TCC launch, but it sounded unlikely. Either way, TCC isn't that far for me so I'll definitely go to that launch.

Come join me next weekend in Reno!

Is this the launch at Border Town? Been there and it's great being able to drive to retrieve your rocket . . . only keep your speed down to 5 mph to keep the dust down.

I'll be there to launch.

Last edited:
Is this the launch at Border Town? Been there and it's great being able to drive to retrieve your rocket . . . only keep your speed down to 5 mph to keep the dust down.

I'll be there to launch.

Yes it is, the one on white lake. See you there. I'll be the 19 year old with a 10 year old trailing me.

and I'll be the Sixty year old with the buzz cut hair, lol. I don't own a comb. If you launched there anytime in the past two seasons, we've probably already met.

Last edited:
Thanks for offering.

I think in this case since the next launch I'll be able to attend is the TCC launch next month, I can pick up the motors at a Lunar lunch.

Is that one happening? They often cancel June when they discover that everybody had gone to MudRoc.

Ari.

Is that one happening? They often cancel June when they discover that everybody had gone to MudRoc.

Ari.

It looks like it's happening based on their website, but I'm not sure if they will cancel.

According to their "schedule" page, both DA and June launch are happening :=)

Ari.

The current chatter is that the June launch is a go. We can't go too many months without a launch....

I went down Friday to launch Estes stuff, stay at HR and then host a group of friends ot DA Saturday. I was also going to ground test the recovery system of my 6 foot tall Thunderbird 1. I'm Rocket Jonesing since I have not flown in 2 years.
I guess October Skies will be monumental..:surprised: For all of us in California.

Back