Starting a Rocketry Club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!!!!

We are in the middle of starting a Club here in West Centerl Illinois ,Any ideas,Tips,Help,ect.
Would be great.
We do have a Site and or group started it is at
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tristaterocketry/
not much there yet but it is a start.

Thank You all again
Tom & Skye

My only suggestion as I don't know how to start a rocket club is to get as many rocket fields as possible (esp. for hpr) so that you have lots of backups.

Oh yeah, use the yahoo groups to post go-no goes the morning of the launch.

My club uses a yahoo group to do just that and just to comunicate. They are also looking into Ventrilo. This would allow us to have club meetings from our homes and we could call a meeting very suddenly if needed.

Originally posted by phaar
My club uses a yahoo group to do just that and just to comunicate. They are also looking into Ventrilo. This would allow us to have club meetings from our homes and we could call a meeting very suddenly if needed.

Good idea. I'd only add that Google now provides for groups like Yahoo groups, without all the ads.

There's a big high powered rocketry launch somewhere near Tom and Skye. "Quad Cities" something, but it's not really near the Quad Cities, more south east into Illinois from there.

Something to definitely witness!

Back