Sport Rocketry Magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Anybody NOT received theirs yet? It's the 13th of October and I still don't have mine for Sept./Oct.

This is slightly off topic, but why do magazines ask you to renew so early and often. I just got the november issues of 2 different magazines in the mail (I don't get SR), and both asked me to renew more! I just renewed a few months ago! They are both good until Jan. 07! And they want me to buy 1-3 more years!

Originally posted by m85476585
This is slightly off topic, but why do magazines ask you to renew so early and often. I just got the november issues of 2 different magazines in the mail (I don't get SR), and both asked me to renew more! I just renewed a few months ago! They are both good until Jan. 07! And they want me to buy 1-3 more years!

1. They know people procrastinate. It's cheaper to send out lots of paper early to smooth out the circulation fluctuations than to send out lots of paper after the subscription has lapsed. That's also why some magazines tack on extra issues at the end of a subscription if you're a little late in re-subscribing. It's better to keep you on the roles (see #2) if they think there's a chance you'll re-up.

2. The earlier they get your money, or the earlier they get your length of subscription, the earlier they can show future subscription numbers to potential advertisers, which is where they make the big bucks. Advertisers want some assurance that their ads will be seen.

Originally posted by kelltym88
Anybody NOT received theirs yet? It's the 13th of October and I still don't have mine for Sept./Oct.
Is that the issue with the A-10 boost glider plans in it? If so, I have my copy.

Mine came within the first two weeks of September. Give them a call, I'm sure they'll send you another copy.

Originally posted by JRThro
Is that the issue with the A-10 boost glider plans in it? If so, I have my copy.

Not to be too sarcastic here, but...
If he hasn't received the magazine how would he know what's in it or not?
Jeez.
You sound like my 2nd grade teacher...
Me: "Mrs. _______, I lost my pencil."
Her: "Where did you lose it?"
Me thinking to myself with a 'you gotta be kidding me' look on my face: 'Lady, I may be only 8 years old, but, son of a ______. If I knew where I lost it..... I know where I'm gonna lose it next time you ask a stupid question!"

:p :D :p :D :p

Have a good one,

Greg

Back