Fun video from drag racing history featuring rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy H.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you're not a drag racing person, you probably don't know the name Brian Lohnes. He is hugely important to the history of the sport, but not as a racer, as an announcer and passionate historian.

I never knew he had a youtube channel, but have bene to tons of events (NHRA, Dragweek etc.) where he was a key part of the enjoyment of the event. To boot, I'm not talking about some 97 year old guy, he's in the prime of his career and I hope he is still announcing/producing content until he's 97+.

Anyway, the video (podcast) on his channel (titled Brian Lohnes) called "1.11 Don't Judge" [rest of title not typed, as I'm pretty sure you'll find it if for search. . . ] is a fun watch. Sure, some events described might make hobby rocketry people a little nervous, but the fact that he's quoting from Ky's book multiple times and doing it in a respectful way, I'm a fan of Brian and his goal of putting out good history of a sport we both love - drag racing in this case, not rocketry.

Hope some of you check the video out and would appreciate any comments that don't include 'this is the end of hobby rocketry!!!!!'.

Have a great evening ladies and gentlemen.

Sandy.

Back