SLRA November Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OARJeepr

Reaction score
Well October is almost over so we might as well get ready for the November launches. Here's SLRA's November info. As long as it isn't raining we'll be flying.

November Launch
St. Louis Rocketry Association
Elsberry, MO
November 19
Contacts: Bruce Weidner (preferred) or Bill Gast .
Time: Sat Setup 8:30am
Range opens 10:00am (or as soon as set up is done)
Range closes 5:00pm
-Range Fees: $5.00 up to G; $10 for high power. -Flights to 6500’ AGL with windows to 14,500 AGL
-Must present a current TRA or NAR membership card to fly High Power—no exceptions
-TRA and NAR Insured
-“M” impulse flights
-Restroom facilities
-Lodging available in town
-Giant Leap will be on site

Site Directions:
This is private property. We have permission to use it for launches only on specific launch dates when sponsored by SLRA. Please do not attempt to launch or otherwise use the fields on other dates or times.

From St. Louis go west on I-70 to St. Peters. Exit to MO Hwy 79 (exit #220) and go north to Elsberry (30 miles). Stop at the first stop sign as you come into the town of Elsberry. At the stop sign look to your right and you will see a Phillips 66 and a Shell service station. Turn right (east) between the Phillips 66 and the Shell station and follow the gravel road across the railroad tracks (CAUTION: THIS IS AN UNGUARDED CROSSING AND TRAINS DO TRAVEL THRU OFTEN). The site is the large plowed field immediately east of the railroad tracks. We'll be set up farther out on the dirt road, toward the middle of the field.

Other info:
Our webpage should be updated from now on. Please check it before heading out (slra ). Any other questions please contact Bruce Weidner or Bill Gast .

We must receive 7 days notice for rockets that exceed 20lbs lift-off weight, 10 ft in length, or will exceed 6000ft. Please contact Bruce.

We can support hybrid flyers but we need to know you’re coming in advance.

Lodging: There is only one motel in Elsberry with about 13 rooms. There are several motels in surrounding towns. Interstate 70 is only 33 miles and St. Louis is only ~55miles or so. Here is a list of some of them, there are plenty of others only a google search away:

Hillcrest Motel
573-898-2121
3407 N Highway 79, Elsberry MO

Holiday Inn Express
636-462-9999
107 King Drive, Troy MO
(about 20 miles from the launch)

Super 8 Motel
573-324-6000
1216 E Champ Clark Dr, Bowling Green MO
(about 25 miles from the launc)

Motel 6
636-925-2020
3800 Harry S Truman Blvd, St. Charles MO
(about 36 miles from the launch)

Restaurants: Club members usually frequent Your Place Restaurant. It’s a typical small town place. There are a few others in Elsberry that I’ve listed below. Anything else you’re on your own. One more note: we meet at 7:30am on launch days at Your Place for breakfast. Anyone is more than welcome to join us if you feel like getting up that early.

Your Place Restaurant
573-898-3330
447 N Main Street Elsberry MO

Subway
573-898-9050
451 N Main Street Elsberry MO

Shell Quick Station Shop
Microwave delicacies and sit down booths
1 Mile from launch site (you pass it on your way in)

Elsberry Pizza
573-898-5001
109 Broadway St Elsberry, MO 63343-1322

< Contact Us - Guidelines - Links >

What? No mention of Krumbly Burger this time?!

I won't be satisfied until someone else falls for it and eats there.

Everyone eat a Krumbly Burger...I don't want AK after me all season.:D

I whined about KK in the 2-day thread....

I eat KK just about every time i go out there, so you can't razz on me! ha.

Ill be there as long as I have to work :mad: Ill be doing some sundays as well $$$$$$$$$$$ 38mm cases:D

I'm trying to talk my wife into making a trip down to St. Louis the weekend *before* Thanksgiving so I can fly some more rockets with y'all. :)

It looks like Ill be working that weekend as well I was told that we wont get off over time untill after the first off the year:mad:

Looks as if I'm out . . . the circus is in town and we're getting a fantastic price, for great seats, on the Saturday show.

I'll be there Tuesday evening for the club meeting at Growlers anyhow.

Well It looks like I got to work. Hope ya guys have a great time Ill be thinking about ya all. Maybe I shold bring my AMRAAM and strap it to my tool box and maybe they will get the hint:D

Only a few days away. Bow and AK, it's a bummer ya'll won't be there. Guess Rob and I will just have to fly a few for you both.

Big J S.A.M. and I aren't going to be there, either.

Big J's son has a birthday party (HOORAY!! 7!!)

and I ain't driving all the way down from Iowa for the weekend, then back up to work for 3 days (until Thanksgiving) and then straight back down to da Loo again..... :eek:

Originally posted by Fore Check
Big J S.A.M. and I aren't going to be there, either.

Big J's son has a birthday party (HOORAY!! 7!!)

and I ain't driving all the way down from Iowa for the weekend, then back up to work for 3 days (until Thanksgiving) and then straight back down to da Loo again..... :eek:

Tell him Happy B-Day from Bowhunter and TRF:D

Originally posted by OARJeepr
Only a few days away. Bow and AK, it's a bummer ya'll won't be there. Guess Rob and I will just have to fly a few for you both.

Yea, I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to be there. Oh well, that gives me until February to get some of the bigger things together.

Launch a few for me anyhow . . . .

Have a great day out there today! Looks as if you'll have the perfect weather!!!

I had a great time out at Elsberry! The weather was way better than it was last month. Sunny skies all day with a little wind blowing. At about 3 o clock the wind died down completely & you just could not ask for better launching weather in November!!!
I only brought 3 rockets with me because of my dwindling motor supply:
1-Estes CC Express, sustainer only-out of booster motors
2-Big Betty, modified for D motors
3-Der Red Max clone, modified for E motors

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I wish I was there :(

Wish ya would of been there. I really missed your cool black powder cluster rockets! Your work needs to give you a frigg'in break! Do you think you can make it Dec.10th?

Is the '06 schedule out? I would really like to try and fly my 3" Bird, if a launch falls on the weekend that I should be home from school.

Mike

Back