Addieville, IL (St. Louis, MO) High Power Rocket Launch - Saturday 9/30/17

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwalsh85

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are hosting a high power rocket launch this weekend in Addieville, IL. It's about 45 minutes from downtown St. Louis by way of I64.

The weather looks to be great. 77 degrees for the high, sunny, and 7mph winds forecasted at most.

• Our waiver will be open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The range may or may not remain open until 5:00 pm, depending on how many people attend and how many rockets we want to fly.
• Our waiver altitude is 17,500 feet AGL.
• The club equipment trailer should arrive at the field around 9:00 am for us to begin setup. We would greatly appreciate as much help as possible with setup and cleanup, so please plan to arrive early if you can.
• We plan to have a porta potty on site, as we did last year.
• The landowners do not plan to provide food concessions as they did last year. Plan for your own nourishment accordingly. If you don’t want to pack a lunch, you can check Google Maps for food options – there appears to be one restaurant (The Eagle’s Nest) in Addieville, about a mile from the field, or you can drive about seven miles to either Nashville or Okawville for other options.
• Launch fees will be $10 per flyer for the full day, or $5 if you are flying low-power rockets only.
• We plan to have various sizes of launch pads set up, from the 1/8″ model rocket rods up to the “monster” pad with a 1515 rail. If you have any special needs, please reply to this email and we will see if we can accommodate you.
• As always, please be courteous to our hosts and respectful of their property. Once we get on site, we will clarify where it is okay to drive and park.

Location and directions to field:
https://goo.gl/maps/iiqX8sNuySD2

From the St. Louis area (according to Google Maps):
• Take I-64 east to IL-177 (Okawville)
• Turn left onto IL-177
• After 3.0 miles, turn right onto County Highway 4
• Stay on County Highway 4 for about 4 miles until you get to Addieville
• Stay on County Highway 4 through town (town street signs call this Center Street) until you reach IL-160
• Turn left onto IL-160 S (town street signs call this Center Street also)
• After 1.5 miles, turn right onto Raven Rd
• Driveway will be 0.4 miles ahead on the right

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Wish I could make it - but alas cannot. Only 1 more launch I can potentially make this year MWP. Really want to support this club/ site

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Great launch. Beautiful skies all day -- easy shot to 17k if anyone wanted to. Breeze up to 10mph at times. Field was harvested and tilled under, except for a few plots, which only a few birds landed in those.

Two M motor flights, several K's, not sure if anyone flew an L.

I flew my 4" Bird to 13,912' (highest anyone's gone at that field, I think), my Screech on a K1100T to 11,216', and my Mini Fat Boy on a G55. Boy, that was a fun one. Retrieved all of my birds thanks to GPS and some eagle eyes (Mini Fat Boy).

There may be a chance to fly again in November after the winter wheat has been planted, but before it starts growing. We will see.

-Mike

Back