Sick of being sick!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Dunakin

Reaction score
Ever had a cold or something that just wouldn't go away? I've been fighting this one since March 20th. Last weekend it finally seemed to be almost over, then overnight it was like someone hit the reset button and I started all over again! I've been coughing so much the past couple days that my entire diaphram hurts. Man, I hate being sick! I feel like something the cat dragged in.

Ray, megadose on vitamin C of course, but also take some zinc (with food, it will upsent an empty stomach). it doesn't improve the symptoms but curiously, it helps you get a lot better a lot quicker. if you stay sick, go to the doctor. I almost died from pneumonia a couple months ago.

yeah, there's a really nasty flu going around.

Man- I know how you feel. I have a stye, and it has caused my eye to be swollen shut fo rthe past 3 days. I also have a scratchy, sore throat. Probably just allergies for me, put it is a pain in the butt~!

Drink lots of Echinacea (sp?) tea. It does wonders!

Here is a tip a nurse gave me and it makes sense to me.

After or during the later parts of a bad cold...get rid of your old toothbrush and buy a new one!

Hey, it can't hurt!

Originally posted by sandman

After or during the later parts of a bad cold...get rid of your old toothbrush and buy a new one!

Hey, it can't hurt!

The interesting thing about cold viruses is that after each cold, you're immune to that particular strain of the virus. On the down side, the cold virus mutates rapidly. The tooth brush tip will work for stuff you can catch all over again, like strep throat.

Apparently as you get older, you get fewer colds because you're immune to more strains.

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin
Ever had a cold or something that just wouldn't go away? I've been fighting this one since March 20th. Last weekend it finally seemed to be almost over, then overnight it was like someone hit the reset button and I started all over again! I've been coughing so much the past couple days that my entire diaphram hurts. Man, I hate being sick! I feel like something the cat dragged in.

I went down with the flu, I got over the nasty stuff fairly quickly but weakness in my extremeties and joints, lethargy and a hack in my throat stuck around for 2 months. I would hack all night and not get more than an hour's sleep. Was I ever cranky. I just got over it a week ago after getting it in February, it was brutal. But that's what I get for ribbing the guy at work who had it forever until he gave it to the rest of us. I was finally sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I'm thrilled to be among the living.

Chuck

Originally posted by sandman

My wife's a nurse, she said to me suck it up! How's that for advise? No mercy here.

Chuck

Originally posted by karatekicker271
Man- I know how you feel. I have a stye, and it has caused my eye to be swollen shut fo rthe past 3 days. I also have a scratchy, sore throat. Probably just allergies for me, put it is a pain in the butt~!

The most likely thing is allergies. I have them really bad. Been waking up with headaches like they are going out of style. These headaches are the type that throb and you feel like vomiting all over the place. Ick...

Anyways, check out www.pollen.com Just type in your zip code and it will give you the pollen counts for the area. Very useful to tell if it is allergies (if you know how sensitive you are) or something else.

The pollen rating they use is a scale of 12. The closer the pollen count is towards 12, the worse someone's allergies are going to be. The forecast for my area for today is 11. (Which explains my headach and an odd sensation in my eye).

Well, all of you "sickies" out there, feel better soon! I hate to see you all sick!

I had a sore throat for like 3 weeks, went the Dr. He gave some penicillen(sp.) Took that for 10 days. Sore throat didn't go away until about a week later. Yesterday I started coughing all day again, feels like someones stepping on my chest. Yeah, I know how you feel, it sucks.

Amen on the "get rid of the toothbrush" thingy. I gave that advice to a work co-hort, and he finally got rid of the Strep. Throw the germs away, best $3 - $4 you will ever spend on the "after your over it preventive maintenance."

drink a gallon of orange juice as fast as you can and stay under the covers all day. Itll be gone by the next morning!!

echinacea only works to kick start your immune system before you get sick - ceratinly have some if you think you might have been exposed or just barely feel it coming. otherwise, by the time you have symptoms, it's too late, it won't help, it's just a waste of money. also, echinacea has some side effects like it can cause psoriasis flare-ups and the like!!

double amen on the OJ, green tea, and toothbrush thing.

Originally posted by Badboy1982
drink a gallon of orange juice as fast as you can and stay under the covers all day. Itll be gone by the next morning!!

Of course, you'll be swimming in a sea of acidic urine. Even a cold virus can be grossed out. :D ;)
My daughter has been hacking for weeks and my nephew is starting to do the same. I'm betting on allergies. Best of luck with the OJ trick.

Originally posted by Fishhead
Of course, you'll be swimming in a sea of acidic urine. Even a cold virus can be grossed out. :D ;)
My daughter has been hacking for weeks and my nephew is starting to do the same. I'm betting on allergies. Best of luck with the OJ trick.
lmao as weird as it sounds it works. for one the oj is good for ya and 2 the over load on the vitamins helps fighting off infections and what not. I guess this is why ive only been to the hospital 3 times in my entire life and those 3 times were from 4 wheeler accidents :p Never been sick actually long enough to go to hopsital cause i always do the oj thing and turn the heater blacket up and sweat it out

Well I think the worst is over on this thing, and I'm starting to get better. Of course, now my wife came down with it yesterday. :(

Oh well at least it's not the flu.

Latest posts

Back