Sheri's Saturn V.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Sherri from Sherri's hot rockets. Technically it flew on a pair of G80 SU motors but barely and not safely and it REALLY needed alot more motor. Sherri wasn't HPR certified so the pair was the most that could be used. (Ignoring theories about Sherri vs her husband who actually built and flew the rockets, no way to prove it either way)

Mine has a central 54mm and 4x 29mm but it's not even half as good as Steven's

Much thanks! So that looks like at least or about 1:48 scale - depends on all tall Sherri is! Golly will @Steven's bird be something to see! ETA: Yes, of course it's 1:48 - went back to the first post to review...

My son got me a $20.00 gift card for Starbucks. I told him it was worth a million! He knows what the shop means to me and being absent for the better part of a year was a sign of relief when they opened up seating again. The VAB is open and being fueled while shaky hands do all the work.

Not real fond of "Sherri's Hot Rockets", Sherri owes me a Saturn 1B, and an aluminum rocket nozzle. It's the only time that I've ever had any problem ordering rocket kits, or supplies online. The order was received, and paid for.........and I never got it. Never answered my email's or phone calls..........if anyone knows how to get in touch with Sherri.........let me know please.....= )

Not real fond of "Sherri's Hot Rockets", Sherri owes me a Saturn 1B, and an aluminum rocket nozzle. It's the only time that I've ever had any problem ordering rocket kits, or supplies online. The order was received, and paid for.........and I never got it. Never answered my email's or phone calls..........if anyone knows how to get in touch with Sherri.........let me know please.....= )
Sheri's been out of business for several years.

Business is really picking up at my Starbucks. Customers no longer need to wear masks and the staff are on and off with it. If I remember, I'll take photos of the place along with the Saturn V. A lot of people keep telling me they want to see this fly. Though I feel confident with my building skills, flying and certification for this are alien concepts. I've read through the process for certification and have a general understanding. I believe I will use the LOC Nike Zeus for cert 1 and 2. Then locate a club to go through. For the flight of the Saturn V, I would rather keep the launch more local. I believe I would have to apply for FAA clearance and an explosives permit on my own. i'm sure this could be a more tedious, time consuming process, but I want to make it more accessible to the locals to watch.
To fill up the time, I will invite people to bring their own low power rockets to fly along with some of my own. I've been giving away models here and there and will continue to buy more for gifting. That's right, it's called bribery. You get a rocket, you come to launch. Sneaky bastich I am.

Business is really picking up at my Starbucks. Customers no longer need to wear masks and the staff are on and off with it. If I remember, I'll take photos of the place along with the Saturn V. A lot of people keep telling me they want to see this fly. Though I feel confident with my building skills, flying and certification for this are alien concepts. I've read through the process for certification and have a general understanding. I believe I will use the LOC Nike Zeus for cert 1 and 2. Then locate a club to go through. For the flight of the Saturn V, I would rather keep the launch more local. I believe I would have to apply for FAA clearance and an explosives permit on my own. i'm sure this could be a more tedious, time consuming process, but I want to make it more accessible to the locals to watch.
To fill up the time, I will invite people to bring their own low power rockets to fly along with some of my own. I've been giving away models here and there and will continue to buy more for gifting. That's right, it's called bribery. You get a rocket, you come to launch. Sneaky bastich I am.
If you're flying within the US, you no longer need any explosives permit, just the TRA/NAR cert and fly at a wavered event. And if you felt uncomfortable with that, I'm sure there would be a line of local club members willing to fly under their cert and even provide the motor. If you were in the Midwest, I'd come to you and let you fly under my L2 and give you any motor from my inventory A through L

Not much to getting your certs. I've got my TRA L2 and I'm almost an idiot!!! :)

IMG_0001 (59).JPG
I've been using a Sharpie pen and a black Testors felt tip paint marker. I will use this a s a base coat. After masking off the white areas, I will shoot 2-3 coats of gloss black spray paint. Decals do a better job on gloss paint then the whole thing will get a flat clear coat.

I heard she's in Hawaii? I don't recall where I heard it but could have been in this forum?

If you're flying within the US, you no longer need any explosives permit, just the TRA/NAR cert and fly at a wavered event. And if you felt uncomfortable with that, I'm sure there would be a line of local club members willing to fly under their cert and even provide the motor. If you were in the Midwest, I'd come to you and let you fly under my L2 and give you any motor from my inventory A through L
Thanks a lot Heada. Very nice and thoughtful of you. Sorry it took so damn long to respond.

Not doing much lately. I still hang around Starbucks though and folks are asking the same thing. Perhaps when the weather gets sunnier. Just kicking back for now.

Steven, first off, OMG!! What a fantastic build! You are truly a master! I was unaware of Sheri's Hot Rockets and her Saturn V kit until this past weekend when I came across an unbuilt kit at an estate sale. This was just the spark I needed to get back into rocketry and I had get it. After I got home I inventoried the parts and it looks complete with the notable exception of the CD-Rom and the instruction booklet. I've found the RockSim files on RocketReviews but haven't been able to find a PDF of the instructions anywhere. Is there any chance you could help an about to be Born Again (Again!) Rocketeer??

There is no CD Rom with this kit. Give me some time to scrounge around for the written instructions. I can not guarantee they will be complete if found but I'll at least make the effort and let you know.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for the instructions. I've eliminated the house so if I have them, they'll be in the garage. I very well may have thrown them out as I did with her Redstone instructions but I won't bet on that yet. I'll continue searching though.

Ok, thanks for looking! I gather from another thread that later versions of the kit had the instructions on a CD along with the RockSim files for it. If it's in digital format there's a copy out there somewhere I'm sure. Looking closer at this beast I think I need a few (dozen?) more larger rockets under my belt before tackling it. The only other High Power rocket I've built was a NCR Phantom 4000 that I got my Lvl 1 Cert with... 20 some-odd years ago! LOL... Time sure does fly!

I had never heard of any of her kits coming with a CD. I had acquired only two of her kits from Red Arrow Hobbies as these were revised and 'improved' with neither of them including any CD. I have bought her Saturn 1b (a third one of her designs) without any CD as well. I know Apogee uses them.

Maybe it was true with this case. Not with her MR, Saturn V or Saturn 1b I have. The written instructions will be sufficient enough.

PM me your snail mail, and I will dig mine out this weekend and scan to pdf and send to you. Mine is an early kit, where you manually built out the ullage rockets, and the fin skirts and ribs. While I did buy a set of the resin cast fin skirts and ullage rockets later, I don't believe they came with any updated instructions. The large full scale dimension drawing, I wont be able to scan, but I might be able to take a picture of it, with a ruler for scale, not sure on how it will come out though.

Awesome! Thanks! My kit is the early one too! I think, since there are no resin skirts or rockets :-D PM sent... I think...

Back