Sept 18th - Anniversary Party (CMASS LAUNCH)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, *i'll* be there :)

We'll have both of our easy-up tents and will get them both up if it is sprinkling. We can fit a bunch of folks under there and the rest can go in Bill's truck :)

Will be kitting up the new Triskelion this afternoon and picking up the cake too.

Heck, we'll have a blast

jim

Getting closer!

I have the Triskelion kits kitted up. We will be bringing 50 with us to the field. We will be giving away about half of them, the remainder will be *special* priced at $9.95. The retail price on this kit will be $10.95

I will be sending a note out to the CMASS group shortly, but for those coming out to party with us, here is how we will be giving out the kits.

The Free Triskelion Kits will be available untill we run out (there will be 25 of them). for the FIRST TWO HOURS (eg: from 10:00 - 12:00 noon), these will be reserved for CHILDREN only. Limit one per child. If you are an adult and want a *free* Triskelion kit, you will have to wait until after noon time and hope there are some left.

If all the free ones are gone, you will be able to purchase one at the special birthday party price of $9.95 (a savings of $1.00 off the retail price *plus* $4.95 in shipping for a total savings of up to $5.95)

Cake will be served early afternoon. I will call the time sometime during the day. I just picked it up and I am very pleased with this cake (hand painted) and have attached an image. Big cake too, geeze :)

Again, I would like to thank everyone who has played a part in helping us grow and be successful. And this isn't just our *customers* (though we certainly love you all :) ), but also those who have seen our products or heard about us and told others about us.

To date, even after 2 years, a *large* percentage of our orders are still from new customers discovering us for the first time. This is very exciting, frighteningly so, even :)

We have some great plans for the rest of 2004 and for 2005. You will start to see some announcements shortly.

here's the cake!

Hey Jim,

Are you going to Tewksbury on Sunday?

I bought a Farscape and a Long Overdue at the Hobbytown in Plaistow yesterday. The Rocketry section there has never been that large before!! Go Fliskits!!

Lamar

Yep!

We had a rain cancellation and have rescheduled to tomorrow. I will be there with all sorts of goodies :)

mmm... good lookin cake you got there, Jim!

You got teh dimensions for that thing!? Its hard to tell from the picture, but it looks HUGE! yum yum yum... Proabably worth driving an hour and a half just for a slice of that cake! :D ;)

Hm... Ive been thinking that I need another fliskits kit... Which do you reccomend? I already have the Duece, the Tres (still havnt gotten around to finishing that) and the long overdue... Whats your fauvorite, Jim? Maybe a Farscape... Ive always wanted an ACME Spitfire, though... Oh what the heck, ill just get as much money as I can offa my dad and get whatever suits me at the moment :D ;)

Ill try and get my allowance from my mom, too. I havnt gotten anything in the past month... :kill: ;)

Heck, maybe ill just get another Duece... I liked the first one so much, but its getting pretty tattered.

It all depends on how much money I can get... :D

Idea:

Buy ANY kit from Jim

and put a 38mm mount in it :D

Jim, congrats on the 2nd anniversary and good luck with sales tomorrow...

Blue

I actually thought about that... get a fliskits Rhino.... Fiberglass.... I357 :D.

Hey... its been doen with Fatboys and Big Berthas... when will a FlisKits get its turn? :kill: :D

The Rickter Recker just cries out for a bigger engine, and has plenty of space for it too.
You could squeeze up to a 54mm mount in it (K700W anyone?).

Heh. I got a piece of 38mm tube right here, jim might be getting some of my money soon.....

What can I say??? I was overwhelmed! So many people made a point out of bringing their FlisKits models to fly. I have never seen anything like it and never, in my wildest dreams, ever beleived such a thing possible.

We had a wonderful time today. With 100 people of all ages, over 250 flights (most of them FlisKits), a huge birthday cake and the well wishes to warm the heart.

It was a bit windy today, but that did not diminish the excitement of this day. I think I said it best in the photo album, now posted at: https://fliskits.com/photo_album/2nd_anniversary/index.htm

I invite you to come check it out. It was simply wonderful.

Thank you everyone for your support and your confidence in our company. I hope everyone who attended had near as much fun as I did :)

Jim and the gang at FlisKits.

See the attached group picture from the party :)

Originally posted by jflis
You can have an extra piece of birthday cake :) :)

Fat chance of that happening :rolleyes:

By the time I got to the cake there were 5 pieces left and 5 people in line. ;)

Next year....BIGGER CAKE :p :D

Had a great time today at the anniversary pah-tee!

My kids made Jim a happy anniversary card -- complete with an illustration of a Rhino rocket and a small bug (for the Flea). I brought one of the neighbor kids flying his Rhino for the first time. Another great Rhino launch despite 10-15mph winds! It's hard to go wrong with that one.

However, the new Triskelion may give the Rhino a run for its money as a great choice for a first rocket. Someone immediately assembled his new Triskellion on a table at the corner of Jim's booth. A little CA glue and it was up and launching quickly.

I loved the rocket decorating that Jim's kids are doing. Jen Flis' Matrix Deuce is excellent and I liked the Cheetah painted in orange with black spots.

The cake tasted great and was gone in a couple minutes. CMASS did another excellent job running the launch.

A great time! Can't wait until the big field launches up in Amesbury next month.

Jim,

And that birthday card will find a special place, beleive me :)

And also, I am *thrilled* with how much Jennifer is getting into this!! I am hoping she becomes a fixture at these launches.

I am glad you noticed that Triskelion being assembled. Heck, with CA glue it is about a 90 second job... sheesh! and it flew great, didn't it!? :)

jim

Back