Rumor has it there is a Facebook page for Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
Reaction score
Can someone be kind enough to provide a link?

My understanding is that the FB page could be a little cut-throat, and someone like me might be eaten alive, But I would really like to see it?

Always trying to learn.

have you tried searching "rocketry" in the groups section?

A word of caution: the groups on FB are, well.. uhm.. "anything" is kinda encouraged.. and the same questions over and over and over and...

The "Born Again Rocketeers" group on Facebook for those of us who love Jesus and rockets.

The "Born Again Rocketeers" group on Facebook for those of us who love Jesus and rockets.
That's the first time I've ever heard of BAR defined like that, I don't do Facebook so I don't know if that's really what that group is, but the vast majority of folks who call themselves BARs do so because they flew model rockets as a kid, got out of it completely, and picked it up again later in life, hence 'Born Again Rocketeer'.

On the internet, hard to know if someone is joking or being serious.

Tony

Facebook brings out the worst in people. Wait a minute....I thought religion and politics were not allowed on this site, like most all other forums.

That's the first time I've ever heard of BAR defined like that, I don't do Facebook so I don't know if that's really what that group is, but the vast majority of folks who call themselves BARs do so because they flew model rockets as a kid, got out of it completely, and picked it up again later in life, hence 'Born Again Rocketeer'.

On the internet, hard to know if someone is joking or being serious.

Tony
That is indeed what the group is - a rocketry group populated primarily by those with Christian beliefs.

No, the FB page where you may not make it back out alive......

you might be referring to the 1st iteration of "anything goes" where it was a real toilet of right wing & 12yr old boy jokes.. it got old real fast.

(the jokes & humour a 12yr boy would enjoy, not about "12 yr old boys". just want to make that clear...)

Wait a minute....I thought religion and politics were not allowed on this site, like most all other forums.
They're not.

Unless you are pro religion and asking for prayers, or telling people about your faith, telling people you love Jesus, or sliding a little preaching into a post here or there, and then it's apparently acceptable. You're just not allowed to post anything anti-religious because "discussions of religion are not allowed".

And you're free to post political stuff as long as it's anti-Trump, or anti-Right, in which case it stays up until someone else comes along and posts an equal but opposite thing, in which case both will be removed shortly because "discussions of politics are not allowed".

Also, don't point this out because it irritates the folks that do it.

Back