ROSCO August 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, the fin can was 99% unscathed. Replace the nose cone and the airframe, incorporate a 38mm motor mount, new paint and it'll be good to go. Ejection did work but the nose cone failed to come off. That was a hand made styrofoam nose cone btw.

I was thinking of building one of those in classic goonie size (BT60). Might hit you up for some dimensions and tips at some point.
No problem. I should have built mine with a 24mm mount so I could use C11 motors, but that composite D10-5 gives it a great ride.

Well, not to worry. You have tons of other cool rockets for Freedom Launch.

Well, not to worry. You have tons of other cool rockets for Freedom Launch.
Thanks Leo. Very kind words indeed. Unfortunately many of my new "cool" rockets have suffered damages this year. Some quite extensive. This burnout on the Time Warp is the most recent. And is probably hiding more on the inside. This is a result of an E30 burn through.

upload_2018-8-15_12-16-24.jpeg

Gary if you want to PM me your nosecone dimensions of the crashed rocket and profile type maybe I can solidworks one for you to print out of plastic via a web service in my spare time.

Gary if you want to PM me your nosecone dimensions of the crashed rocket and profile type maybe I can solidworks one for you to print out of plastic via a web service in my spare time.
Thanks Andrew. I'll just make a new one. I might even can repair it. It was a Styrofoam cone. The motor mount is going up from 24mm to 38mm and the airframe is toast. Parts are on the way as we speak. It a rebuild mostly.

Back