Wet tile saw deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarYellow

Basket of deployables.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
20 percent off what is normally the best deal on a wet tile saw. I just bought one for dust control when cutting G10 and carbon fiber.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HIWR08?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The Harbor Freight $70 saw doesn't include a blade, so you have to spend another $30 to actually use it. So SKIL is now cheaper than HF, as long as this deal lasts.

That sounds like a bargain. I bought a cheapie here years ago. Nice quiet induction motor. I get it out about every five years or so to do some small tiling jobs. More than paid its way. I even extended the table so I could cut 16" pavers.

I was interested in getting one of these so that I could remove the wet tile saw blade and put in a standard 7 and 1/4 wood blade you have something I would at least have a fence and do straight cuts with.

I was interested in getting one of these so that I could remove the wet tile saw blade and put in a standard 7 and 1/4 wood blade you have something I would at least have a fence and do straight cuts with.
Don't its not heavy duty enough for the heavier wood cutting blades and would be unsafe.

Yeah...uh no, thats dangerous as hell, thanks to the internet experts who do stupid **** trying to save money or just get views. I have already stated some of the reasons why its a bad idea to put a wood cutting blade on a tile saw and will fully stand behind those. Cutting tile does not have near the stresses involved as cutting wood and table saws are built to handle those stresses tile saws are not PERIOD. For part of my life I worked for a company that did power tool repair and when it was slow at my job, I learned to do that to, and have learned a lot about power equipment over the years, no matter what that video implies its a really bad idea.

Yeah...uh no, thats dangerous as hell, thanks to the internet experts who do stupid **** trying to save money or just get views. I have already stated some of the reasons why its a bad idea to put a wood cutting blade on a tile saw and will fully stand behind those. Cutting tile does not have near the stresses involved as cutting wood and table saws are built to handle those stresses tile saws are not PERIOD. For part of my life I worked for a company that did power tool repair and when it was slow at my job, I learned to do that to, and have learned a lot about power equipment over the years, no matter what that video implies its a really bad idea.
Yeah, that looks like a pretty powerful tile saw, but zero chance I would do a wood blade to cut wood. My tile saw is a cheesy piece of junk and would definitely stall out cutting almost anything like that and you see in the video how unstable the stand is. None of these things are conducive to leaving this world with all 10 fingers, IMO.

Yeah, that looks like a pretty powerful tile saw, but zero chance I would do a wood blade to cut wood. My tile saw is a cheesy piece of junk and would definitely stall out cutting almost anything like that and you see in the video how unstable the stand is. None of these things are conducive to leaving this world with all 10 fingers, IMO.
The Ryobi is a step up from the Harbor Fright saws but nowhere near the MK Diamond saws (my Dad has an MK Diamond that will do tile all the way up to landscape blocks and would easily turn a wood blade...scary). I own a 5hp table saw and its a beast when something binds and gets flipped back, my old shop has a 4" diameter dent about 3/4" deep in the shops roll up door from that saw kicking back a piece of 4/4 Poplar I was ripping about 6' long.

The Ryobi is a step up from the Harbor Fright saws but nowhere near the MK Diamond saws (my Dad has an MK Diamond that will do tile all the way up to landscape blocks and would easily turn a wood blade...scary). I own a 5hp table saw and its a beast when something binds and gets flipped back, my old shop has a 4" diameter dent about 3/4" deep in the shops roll up door from that saw kicking back a piece of 4/4 Poplar I was ripping about 6' long.
I used to have a 7 1/4" Delta/Rockwell from the 60's, but my wife hated it. I got her a Sawstop for Christmas a few years back and it is solid for a homeowner. Thankfully, never needed the protection feature, but the overall build quality is nice. Zero question that when things go wrong, they go wrong with a good bit of kinetic energy. We use a track saw for a good bit of work too. Not perfect, but they have their place. I can buy and break-down a piece of 3/4" plywood by myself if needed. Might be able to do that on the Sawstop tablesaw, but never on the Delta/Rockwell.

I tend to treat machine tools like daily life in Australia - everything is constantly trying to kill or maim you. :)

I tend to treat machine tools like daily life in Australia - everything is constantly trying to kill or maim you. :)
Same here...for some reason the router is the machine in my shop I have the absolute most respect for, and yet its one of the easiest to control. All power tools can bite and bite hard, but using one for something its not intended or designed is asking for trouble.

You can get an 8.25 inch table saw pretty inexpensively. Used also has some good options.
For the homeowner and contractor who needs a portable and lightweight table saw the Dewalt one is a very nice little saw for around US $300 without the folding base, used one of the first ones of the type years ago and they have only gotten better, our journeyman carpenters have the 60V cordless version and love it for jobsite work (they have a Powermatic in the shop).

Back