Rocksim 9 Load an Engine problem

Discussion in 'Rocketry Electronics and Software' started by coopdl, Nov 18, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Nov 18, 2019 #1

coopdl

coopdl

coopdl

If while I am designing a new rocket I designate a body tube as a motor mount, I can "Load an engine" which displays in the rocket drawing. If I save this rocket and reload it later the motor that was loaded is now missing.

Is there a way to retain this information?

2. Nov 18, 2019 #2

skydog

skydog

skydog

Probably not; at least I've never found one. Best thing to do is go ahead and simulate it, then the next time you work on the design, just right-click on the sim result (in the flight simulations tab), and select load engine.

3. Nov 18, 2019 #3

PhlAsh

PhlAsh

PhlAsh

Are you running a flight sim or just loading the motor and leaving it? Once you've run the sim, success or fail, it should be retained on save

4. Nov 18, 2019 #4

coopdl

coopdl

coopdl

Thanks Phill for your reply but the problem is not with the sim portion but while I am adding all the parts to the rocket. Why am I given the option to designate a tube as a motor mount, Load an Engine (which affects the CG) and save it to show the loaded engine in the diagram and then when I save the design and reload it later that information is missing? It does not make sense to me. This has nothing to do with running sims. I tried your suggestion and it still does not show the loaded motor in the diagram when I save and then reload the design?????

5. Nov 19, 2019 #5

PhlAsh

PhlAsh

PhlAsh

I see what you're saying. Yeah... that's odd that it doesn't retain the last loaded motor