Rocketman Chute Specifications

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LampertRocketry

Reaction score
Can anyone point me at Rocketman chute specifications? I love their products and they come highly recommended, but I would like to do some science in sizing them for my L3 project. I would also like to be able to put the proper data into RocSim for simulations, recovery, etc.

I note that the B2/SkyAngle chute site has tons of data on their chutes and that all of their chutes have over the canopy continuous shroud lines.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Murray Lampert

B2 makes REALLY nice chutes.. their cert-3 line of chutes is made just for people like you...
Having a rocketman R9, i say it's also a very nice chute. If getting reaady for an L3, id use the Pro-xp line or ballistic line, not the standard chute. While im sure it would almost certainly hold, an L3 is not the time for an "almost certainly." plus, if you ever have a less than "optimal" deployment, the pro-xp would fare better.. Overall, both are very nice chutes...

As for putting into rocksim, good question... i know the R9 is almost 100 inches from tip to tip, so i really don't know...

Originally posted by Justin Horne
B2 makes REALLY nice chutes.. their cert-3 line of chutes is made just for people like you...
Having a rocketman R9, i say it's also a very nice chute. If getting reaady for an L3, id use the Pro-xp line or ballistic line, not the standard chute. While im sure it would almost certainly hold, an L3 is not the time for an "almost certainly." plus, if you ever have a less than "optimal" deployment, the pro-xp would fare better.. Overall, both are very nice chutes...

As for putting into rocksim, good question... i know the R9 is almost 100 inches from tip to tip, so i really don't know...

To be sure, the Rocketman chutes are built like a proverbial "brick outhouse" - I have an R14C Pro Ex and am awaiting delivery of an R 18 Pro Ex - both purchased at LDRS. The R14C is not "man rated" but I think I would be happy to hop out of a low-flying aircraft in a pinch using one. It appears to be built very very well. Unlike the B2 chutes, however, it does NOT come with a swivel. When I asked around it was suggested that it is because the B2 chutes, by design, rotate more than the Rocketman chutes. Regardless, I am inclined to put a very heavy swivel on my Rocketman chutes.

I am somewhat perplexed by my R4C and R7C however. I was under the impression that the shroud lines were 'over the top' continuous construction and they appear to be sewn onto the canopy. Granted, they are relatively small chutes and probably unlikely to fail, but....

I dropped Rocketman an email asking about chute specs and am awaiting a reply. I am just anxious to get as much info as possible so that I can do the science and math for my L3.

Murray

Back