I195J Thrust Curves

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah... the "official" one! Thank you!

This looks very close to the RASP one in Thrustcurve.org and being used in OR (which also shows two other curves?) Rocksim isn't even close, at least in the table (I don't know how to see the actual curve). There is another curve in Thrustcurve.org that is labeled Rocksim, that I recommend be deleted.

So, except for Rocksim what we have been using is "correct".

I do have two other curiosity questions if I may:
1. Why is this motor designated as I195 and not I236?
2. Is all this discussion in vain because Blackjack motors are being discontinued? :)

Shucks !

I found an error in the aei195j.eng file that I posted above -- I had the motor diameter as 29mm but it should have been 38mm.

Otherwise, TLAR ...

Fixed !

-- kjh

1. Why is this motor designated as I195 and not I236?
2. Is all this discussion in vain because Blackjack motors are being discontinued? :)
I'm also interested in #1. #2 doesn't have an accurate premise - they aren't being discontinued (yet), many of them are on a seasonable production schedule. The I195J is sadly on that list.

The source of the confusion is possibly an earlier certification, in this flyer from Aerotech it was certified in 1996 or prior. This is Aerotech’s curve, and it is very different and IMG_5318.jpeglooks like the source of the I195 designation.

Back