RocketCAD 4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
I use a Rocsim for most everything , and it works fine on Vista:). I do however like an old program called RocketCAD4 for motor mount templates and marking guides. They are real quick and easy to set up and print the pattern. The problem it will not work on vista:(, I have to get my laptop out and use it. I run XP on my laptop. Any ideas?

You could download Ubuntu, install that on a small partition, install Wine, run it under that. I find having the ability to dual boot into linux very useful, especially when Windows wont allow you to do something you need to do.

You could download Ubuntu, install that on a small partition, install Wine, run it under that. I find having the ability to dual boot into linux very useful, especially when Windows wont allow you to do something you need to do.

Even easier and less prone to messing up your current OS, install virtualbox from https://www.virtualbox.org, and run Ubuntu under that and then go with wine. Getting Virtualbox up and running will be the easiest part of the whole process.

I use a Rocsim for most everything , and it works fine on Vista:). I do however like an old program called RocketCAD4 for motor mount templates and marking guides. They are real quick and easy to set up and print the pattern. The problem it will not work on vista:(, I have to get my laptop out and use it. I run XP on my laptop. Any ideas?

Brent:
I also like RocketCAD4. I'm currently using it on XP without problem..Vista who knows LOL!!!

Back