Parachute and Rail Lugs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipper_52

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and bought a 72" piece of 1010 rail. I 3d printed the rail guides (2) and a sample of the 1010 until the real one gets here next week. After minor sanding they run smooth. I'm still unsure where to place them on the tube. My fins (3) are printed with an attached tube so my cardboard/paper body tube slides inside of it. Because of the 1/16" offset from fin tube >body tube I altered the guides and increased their thickness by 1/16" to allow for this offset. The closest I can get to the bottom is 6" for the bottom guide. How much spacing is good between the guides?

The other question is parachute attachment. I've seen some attached directly to the bottom of the nose cone and others that appear to be attached to the shock cord. I'm using 1/4" elastic x 48" for the cord. Which is a better m attachment for the parachute?

Thanks in advance.

Coming along. Launch pad is not what I will use as I said above. 1/4" x 72" stainless is way to whippy.

Attachments

• 20240105_120322.jpg
    20240105_120322.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back