Rocket Narrowly Misses Plane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, they don't have NOTAM's in Thailand for a "rocket festival" that everybody there knows about?

I don't see TNT on Tripoli's list of banned EX propellants... yahoo!

Please don't bring Tripoli North Texas into this. 🤣

AC/DC have a song (to which @Newguy introduced me quite recently) that equates TNT to dynamite. 😂 I think TNT has been standardized as the uninformed-yet-overconfident person's shorthand for anything that might be explosive.
It probably came from Loony Tunes or something. Dynamite plungers marked with TNT the same way a whiskey bottle would be marked XXX, as a bit of convenient visual exposition.

Also the song is about…uhhh, not explosives that’s for sure.

How is it possible you've not been familiar with the whole AC/DC catalog for decades?
Grew up with classical music and no TV. (Still have no TV, though I occasionally stream an interesting show.) My exposure to pop culture is erratic.
It probably came from Loony Tunes or something. Dynamite plungers marked with TNT the same way a whiskey bottle would be marked XXX, as a bit of convenient visual exposition.

Also the song is about…uhhh, not explosives that’s for sure.
Yes, but he does declare the same thing (himself? I only listened to about 30 seconds of it, so I don't recall) to be both TNT and dynamite.

You could be right about the cartoons.

There's a video of a municipality getting rid of a whale carcass with explosives; all thru the setup, they are saying 'dynamite' while putting caps in 4" Marked blocks of TNT. It did not end well for anyone. I can't imagine being covered in vaporized rotting whale puree.
Several cars were damaged by falling whale guts. It was one of those epic fail moments.

Grew up with classical music and no TV. (Still have no TV, though I occasionally stream an interesting show.) My exposure to pop culture is erratic.

Yes, but he does declare the same thing (himself? I only listened to about 30 seconds of it, so I don't recall) to be both TNT and dynamite.

You could be right about the cartoons.
The lyric in question is in the chorus.

Cuz I’m T.N.T.!
I’m dynamite
T.N.T.
I’ll win the fight

Presumably dynamite just produced a convenient rhyme scheme. The false equivalency is mostly moot though, because the song overall…how shall I say this politely?…boasts of the narrator’s skill in seductive conquest.

The opening verse supports this most strongly with the lyric “out for all that I can get, if you know what I mean.”

IMG_9118.jpeg

Anyway, what were we talking about? Somebody just quoted old music and I came running.

P.S. Send me a PM if you want any music recommendations, I give them out like my club gives out dog barf.

Last edited:
Back