Rocket Glider Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Continuing my current theme of gliders that don't glide (primarily because they are built by me), I present my Tinee. It still hasn't glided well but it is getting marginally better.

I know you're not supposed to load these things down with weight so I just used some "wine" colored Rit fabric dye.

One of these days I hope to get this one to actually glide well.

Attachments

• tinee-flight-1b.jpg
    tinee-flight-1b.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Tinee---F1c.jpg
    Tinee---F1c.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • TIN-f1a.jpg
    TIN-f1a.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 38
  • TIN-f1c.jpg
    TIN-f1c.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 36
My Zoomie was not produced by Holverson Design although I did not know that when I ordered it. Mine is from "Fun Rockets" and is a cheap Chinese, Styrofoam knockoff. It was an RTF job.

From what I understand, the HD version was pretty cool and performed well. I am still waiting to get a good performance out of mine.

Maybe one of these days...

Attachments

• Zm-flt-1a.jpg
    Zm-flt-1a.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Zm-flt-2a.jpg
    Zm-flt-2a.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 37
  • HDZ-f1a.jpg
    HDZ-f1a.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 44
  • HDZ-f1c.jpg
    HDZ-f1c.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 29
Astron Triple Eagle Yes, that's a golf ball & a yard stick for scale (if you've seen Mike's
gliders before, you understand :) )

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/all/oop_novus_triple_eagle.shtml

In the year-and-a-half since AstronMike first handed me the bag of parts,
this has easily become my most flown glider. And it's starting to show the
wear-n-tear, but still continues to perform!

There's some videos on the NEFAR site too-
https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy...=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

Assembled_1.jpg

Liftoff.jpg

Landing-montage.jpg

Last edited:
Astron Triple Eagle Yes, that's a golf ball & a yard stick for scale (if you've seen Mike's
gliders before, you understand :) )

Aww, Brian, thanks for the good rep here! Hey, guys, he aint blowing smoke either, *HIS* glider is really that great!!

I just made a supposedly 'new and improved' version, with a larger canard, as well as constructed from the new BLACK Adams Readiboard! Can't wait to fly this....might need a trim flight or two to nail it though.

AstronTripleEagle 001.jpg

I really liked my Hobby Labs SR-71, but it is easily damaged, and in for repairs again now. My most flown glider's are two Styrofoam Parasite gliders on a 2.6in 29mm airframe. I rencently added a R/C Styrofoam F117 to replace one of the other gliders. I am horrible at the R/C though. Here it is at Prairie Thunder 2005, www.tulsarocketry.org, thanks for the photo guys!
PT05_114_1459.JPG

Last edited:
Rocket Gliders are those that retain the motor casing the entire flight while changing geometry to convert from Boost to glide mode. Parasite gliders are Boost/gliders not Rocket gliders. and Flex-wing gliders are in a catogory all their own.
Hope that helps a little with your listings John.

Here are a couple of my Rocket Gliders. most have some sort of elevator actuator or canard lock that converts them from Boost to glide. a couple are also slide wing but I have to say I've Never have very much luck with that type RG.
I'm Awful with gliders in general but I have to say the very easiest flying RG i've ever found is the Edmonds Ecee doesn't matter which size 13mm, 18mm or Ecee thunder D12 they all fly Great. even downscaled for micros:)

108a-sm_Rocket Glider 25A comp_08-08-91.jpg

161-p01_Kathleen EC-13_6 Pic Page_10-10-94.jpg

Back