Review: RocketCollector16 AKA theCoincollection1620 AKA arirockets00

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimson Flames

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If this is the wrong area to post this, I apologize. Let me know the right forum and I'll move it.

Unfortunately, I can now confirm that RocketColector16 is a scammer. I had bought multiple items from him through Ebay, but the last package that had several purchases in it showed up with a weight plate inside instead of what I purchased. I've filed with Ebay and a police report, but if anyone has any additional info that can be possibly be provided to the police, please let me know.

Edit: His Ebay username is thecoincollection1620

Last edited:
I thought it was thecoincollector1620...? Was the user from Detroit area that inherited his grandpas estate and was trying to sell a bunch of the rocket stuff? I bought a kit off of him from ebay and that went just fine fyi...

I thought it was thecoincollector1620...? Was the user from Detroit area that inherited his grandpas estate and was trying to sell a bunch of the rocket stuff? I bought a kit off of him from ebay and that went just fine fyi...
Yep, that's the guy. The first couple of purchases went alright, but the last one didn't. No idea why now.

I was suspicious. He had only a few posts here and said he could only accept Venmo payments. He did slip up and mention he had PayPal after he claimed he couldn't take PayPal. I wish I had posted my suspicions.

That’s too bad. Did he ever tell anyone who his grandfather was?
I never was told explicitly, but the name Chris Palmer was on multiple things I received from the first couple of purchases that didn't have issues. Several of the cases had stickers with his name and address as well.

Attachments

• 20230928_180453.jpg
    20230928_180453.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The ebay stuff i got from him were all addressed from 'rico king'

All were what i ordered through ebay, but packaging was all banged up. I just bought casings. Didn't trust that he could ship motors legally

Attachments

• 20230928_184354.jpg
    20230928_184354.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

All were what i ordered through ebay, but packaging was all banged up. I just bought casings. Didn't trust that he could ship motors legally
An Ebay return label that I had printed shows the same address with the name DeAndre Lucas.

Attachments

• 20230928_210827.jpg
    20230928_210827.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1
I never was told explicitly, but the name Chris Palmer was on multiple things I received from the first couple of purchases that didn't have issues. Several of the cases had stickers with his name and address as well.

He's in the '99-'00 TRA directory, different state, but none of the Lucas names mentioned are in the '96-'00 directories. I don't have any later ones.

Did he ship the propellant to you?

I bought some cases from him via eBay, and they arrived. Shipping label had the name Rico King.

Shortly after my purchase I noticed he had bad rash of recent negative reviews, then after at everything on eBay disappeared. When he showed up here I asked about it:

IMG_5523.png

Looks like he back with a different Ebay account now. Arirockets00 but the casings are the same serial numbers and the shipping location is the same part of Michigan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_194809_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_194809_eBay.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230930_194956_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_194956_eBay.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back