Replacement nose cone for Rocketarium Trident 18

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirkTheDaring

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I smashed up my Trident's nose cone real good when only 2 engines lit. The body tube seems to be an odd size. It's listed as 1.72" (OD), and my measurement is 1.65" ID. As far as I can tell this doesn't match up with any standard body tube (I could be wrong, please correct me!). I've just sent a note to Rocketarium to see if they can sell me a nose cone. Meanwhile, does anyone know of a nose cone that's likely to fit? (And, PS, I've had any number of successful flights with this rocket, but you miss one engine, one time....)

Here's the previous flight on 3 C6-7's. The plastic parachute didn't fully inflate, but it came down slow enough to survive. The failed flight was on D somethings, I think D20's, or D22's (Q Jet) and I think the extra thrust combined with only 2 engines firing was what caused it to hit hard. (It also broke a fin, but I was easily able to glue it back on.)

Thanks for any suggestions on the nose cone.-

I smashed up my Trident's nose cone real good when only 2 engines lit. The body tube seems to be an odd size. It's listed as 1.72" (OD), and my measurement is 1.65" ID. As far as I can tell this doesn't match up with any standard body tube (I could be wrong, please correct me!). I've just sent a note to Rocketarium to see if they can sell me a nose cone. Meanwhile, does anyone know of a nose cone that's likely to fit? (And, PS, I've had any number of successful flights with this rocket, but you miss one engine, one time....)

Here's the previous flight on 3 C6-7's. The plastic parachute didn't fully inflate, but it came down slow enough to survive. The failed flight was on D somethings, I think D20's, or D22's (Q Jet) and I think the extra thrust combined with only 2 engines firing was what caused it to hit hard. (It also broke a fin, but I was easily able to glue it back on.)

Thanks for any suggestions on the nose cone.-

I heard back from Rocketarium right away and they've made the nosecone available for sale on their site, so problem solved. Great service from them!

Back