RC transmitter choice for RCBG

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Santa came early with a DX9. Sold off some unused downhill ski gear to offset the pain (it was my wife's - she gave alpine a shot and didn't care for it).

Really nice radio and not that difficult to program in basic stuff. I have a flap set and some servos headed in for my calypso that should give me some more experience programming the radio and setting up flight modes. Like I said before - i am still in the phase where everything I do teaches me something I didn't really know. I can say that as-is the radio is way more advanced than I am. It is a little overwhelming at times for sure.

I am considering building an e-glider out of balsa this winter just for the experience. Maybe a DJ Aerotech Chrysalis 2m or a Skybench Olympic. I am not sure yet but I have time to decide. I need to look at my rocket kits to see what I want to build this winter as well and go from there.

Yeah!!! *jealous*... Well, when I finally move up to the 9 I will contact YOU for advice :D.

Yeah!!! *jealous*... Well, when I finally move up to the 9 I will contact YOU for advice :D.

Ha! By then I might have a clue! Until then you can just shake your head at "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Followup on the DX9 - there was an issue with it and I sent it back to Horizon. They replaced the unit and everything seems to work although it has been too cold for flying here in the northeast. I have to give credit to Horizon Hobby for a really good customer service experience.

Back