R.I.P Ed Miller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
I just heard that Ed Miller passed sometime last month. I know no more details. He was a long time friend and will be greatly missed. Those of us who knew him marveled at his incredible finishes on his rockets.

Last edited:
Just Found out about Ed Miller's passing today. Ken Allen told me about it. I knew him from back in the mid 90's when I flew with SPAAR. His paint jobs were an inspiration. I remember his 2 stage F100 to F100 2 stager, his FSI Javlin he flew with an F52. His G12 monocopter. He flew UFO's before they were cool :D. I have seen him at a few of the larger launches I been too. He will be missed.

I was really hoping to see Ed again. I think the last time I saw him may have been at MDRA in 2001 or 2002. I was there for Thunderhead and I remember seeing the first big monocopter before he finished it.

His paintwork was truly an inspiration, even the rattle-can job on Thunderhead was like a sheet of glass.

Back