QCRS June Launch 15/16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can lead a horse to the river but you can't make him drink from it.

1.) I was busy helping people load their rockets onto my pad.
2.) The MonGus is built weird
3.) I didn't feel like it........

Expand on #2 please. :)

]
+1. Thank you for sharing. If anyone has a high-rez pic of my Jart pls send it my way. :D

Had a great time, witnessed a lot of very nice flights, chatted with my rocketry brothers, was inspired by their designs and craftsmanship.... It's gonna be a loooong time to MWP :sigh:

How Is this? It is the only good pic that I got!
QCRS 61613 059.JPG

Expand on #2 please. :)

It has MonGus style retention, but his rocket is stretched and the motor is designed to hang out the back so the retention plate is 3 feet inside the rocket and my arms aren't long enough to put the washers on the all-thread so I gave up.....

No, It's built normal. Everything you build is weird...

Little tree, Little tree, Little tree!!! Why is everything that I build weird? Oh wait, is it because I'm weird and build my rockets different than everyone else?

Well, I may be "weird" in *some* ways but normal in so many others.....;)
Thanks for the great pictures and, videos Man-well!
After this weekend, I'm changing your name too "Boing Boing Ballestero!"
Oh, by the way....."Project...bring the new baby home today"...was a great success!
Picture too follow. (Picture sized too big for I-phone to send....operator: analog person in a digital world.):(

Little tree, Little tree, Little tree!!! Why is everything that I build weird? Oh wait, is it because I'm weird and build my rockets different than everyone else?

No,no,no!!! It's just a matter of perspective. To me, Mr. Piepenburg builds rockets with similar techniques to me, whereas you build them... differently. I guess weird wasn't the right word. Different was more like it. I wish you would have let me know, I had sockets with almost foot-long extensions, that should have allow you to tighten the bolts.

Oh, by the way....."Project...bring the new baby home today"...was a great success!
Picture too follow. (Picture sized too big for I-phone to send....operator: analog person in a digital world.):(

Why am I being called Boing Boing? I thought my new name was "Man Child"?

Here is the car...

gusbaby.jpeg

Congrats on the AWESOME CAR!!!

No,no,no!!! It's just a matter of perspective. To me, Mr. Piepenburg builds rockets with similar techniques to me, whereas you build them... differently. I guess weird wasn't the right word. Different was more like it. I wish you would have let me know, I had sockets with almost foot-long extensions, that should have allow you to tighten the bolts.

I had sockets, having a four foot long arm (or four foot long magnet) to put the washers on before the nut was the issue. I think I'm just going to glue the fins back on my extreme dark star and fly that motor at MWP. I said it was weird because I'm not used to having a part of the air frame not easily accessed....

Wow, what a great day...

Glad you guys had good turnout and weather. Believe me, I did my best to be there. But I spent Father's Day filling in for someone who wanted and got the day off. :kill:

I'm not used to having a part of the air frame not easily accessed....

Fly it once, Manny... then all parts will be "easily accessed".

Sather

Last edited:
Here is the car...

Here are better pictures of the black "Land Rocket."

IMG951789.jpg

IMG954267.jpg

IMG950450.jpg

Why am I being called Boing Boing? I thought my new name was "Man Child"?

Here is the car...

*BOING BOING* in a GOOD way, keeps bouncing around, Devil may care in style.

(P.S.) my comments about disposing of some A***tech propellant were limited too the remainder of a small batch of "D"/"E" motors I have still....NOT, like I was going too toss an "M" in my Burn Barrel because of the results of Scooter and, Red Dogs flight.
;)
Next time i'll use CTI "grain-age".

Gus-

Nice ride.....see a lot of those cruising my beat at night.....I have a few AT N2000W's that may change your mind about the A***tech propellant

Preston

No,no,no!!! It's just a matter of perspective. To me, Mr. Piepenburg builds rockets with similar techniques to me.

Ben, for future reference....it's just Gus.......
Good ole Gusser, Gusto, Gusman, Gusmeister.....etc.
I know your being polite but, i'm having a middle aged crisis right now and, the "Time Machine" is taking care of that slowly but, surely....

NO.....:no: Let me correct myself....VIOLENTLY QUICKLY......."N*T's IN THE BACK SEAT ACCELERATION.......QUICKLY!"

WOO HOO!

Gus-

Nice ride.....see a lot of those cruising my beat at night.....I have a few AT N2000W's that may change your mind about the A***tech propellant

Preston

Ohhhhh......"Fuzzy One":D Long time no see.....eh?

Correct me if i'm wrong here but, isn't the Nobile Clan responsible for consumption of approx. 45% of the entire run of Aerotech N2000's since introduction?

Thought soooo.......;) Unbiased........ *My former coulee dwelling keister!*:lol:

Psst.....Secret, secret....Manny might be listening.......
Dude, are you going to go too Airfest this year?
Need a ride?

I bet you and, i can break the motor in on "Dark Vader" over the weekend......
You bring something small......I know, i know......Nobile's ALWAYS go big.......

*WHOOP* *WHOOP* Manny alert! He might be in the area.......

Dude....you bring something, i bring "Maurice" (The Super Secret Upscale Wildman Space Cowboy Prototype) and, i get a co-driver/ride along buddy.....
Then we crash Manny's little party on the prairie.......get out of town QUICKLY too!
Now wouldn't that be a test of restraint.....Preston at the wheel of my car...out on the lonely.....wide open......roads of Kansas.......

Somehow, i just get this *Thelma and, Louise* moment....thingy.....running through my vacant skull......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ben, for future reference....it's just Gus.......
Good ole Gusser, Gusto, Gusman, Gusmeister.....etc.
I know your being polite but, i'm having a middle aged crisis right now and, the "Time Machine" is taking care of that slowly but, surely....

NO.....:no: Let me correct myself....VIOLENTLY QUICKLY......."N*T's IN THE BACK SEAT ACCELERATION.......QUICKLY!"

WOO HOO!

Yes sir! errr... I mean mister, oh yeah, gus.

I for one think you should be pieps.
duck-peeps.jpg

Yes sir! errr... I mean mister, oh yeah, gus.

I for one think you should be pieps.
View attachment 134597

One of my possible:rolleyes: future:rolleyes: brother in laws:rolleyes: beat you too that one a few years ago......

Hey.....he works for GM.....(Mech. Engineer/Patent Lawyer) and, he's always wanted too get a new Camaro.......

I know! Roadtrip!!:D

*Peep's* is cool by me........:cool:

Back