QCRS June Launch 15/16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, seriously now. Claude, what day are you planning on flying that pig? I know of at least one person that is trying to plan the weekend around that flight. Speedy might just show up just to see the flight.

Jason. (Who is praying for "Sunday" as your answer)

Ok, seriously now. Claude, what day are you planning on flying that pig? I know of at least one person that is trying to plan the weekend around that flight. Speedy might just show up just to see the flight.

I wish I could give you an answer, but the weather will decide when it happens. I can attend either / both days.

If the weather looks good for both days I will most likely fly it Saturday.

LOL! #21 it is.

I am very honored "Don Claude" too have helped you with the naming of the one that will exceed all expectations......:blush:

Now as i bend down in respect i have one more thing too honor you with and, make you happier.......:blush:

*UnnnnnnZIP!*:surprised:

Hey DUDE!!.....I got this BIG box of CHOCOLATE MOON PIE snack cakes for my Birthday last week!:D
Bet you can't get these monsters up in Chicago huh?:D
MAN....these are a whole lot of love in a small plastic wrapper!!!!! Wooooo.....i get all wound up every time i bite into one of these little critters of happiness!........:D
Here, let me unzip my little Coleman cooler and, get you one too!:D

What did you think i was going too do?;)

Sunday looks like the best of the 2 days. Seems typical for me lately....waiting a month for a launch, the weather is great every day EXCEPT the launch weekend!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Sunday looks like the best of the 2 days. Seems typical for me lately....waiting a month for a launch, the weather is great every day EXCEPT the launch weekend!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!

You and, me both Griffmeister.....Lets see...hmmm.....Fifty hours in the Semi this week over four nights running around the midwest and, the windshield wipers have ONLY come on once.....
One more shift tonight.....
No matter what i'll still be there on Sunday with the Two-Stager and, "Duck"......rain or shine....and, if it's raining i guess i'd rather be THERE than here.....

Rain or shine we be coming!:D

They are also calling for rain on Monday *down here*......Great day too pick up my new car huh? 580 factory horsepower, 6 speed, SOFT goodrear tires driving it home in the rain.......Oh well i've been through worse!:rolleyes:

Isn't it really cute what they wrote on the windshield?:rofl:View attachment 133652
Just a late *Happy Birthday* gift too myself........:eek:

So are we all bidding on the Challenger now?

Le' Challenger goes to the dealer.....77% retained value on it over four years is a good trade in.......It will be a happy but, sad day in many ways for me.

I bought the car right during the time when Chrysler almost went out of business for a second time.....A true Mopar Man with a collection of many old misfit toy Dodge muscle cars in his shop trying to help save his beloved brand.

All these years later.....
1. No convertible.
2. No Viper V-10 motor between the fenders (Unless you want to buy a 2011 Drag Pack car and, pay 85K+.)
3. No Supercharged version.
4. No Turborcharged version.
5. 50K+ for 470hp?

I take this thing home.....slap a different pulley on the front, put in a cold air box, port the throttle body and, hook up a tuner module.....630hp at the crank.....NOT even pushing the envelope.....until 800hp.

Challenger= Lots of money too hit 650hp.....over that pistons go *BOOMMF!!!* with stock bottom end.

15 years ago i cried when i sold off one of my "Classics"......The check bought a nice chunk of land...
27 years ago i cried when i sold my 69 Camaro Z28...

There will be tears on the way home monday.

Some people have no feelings for their cars.....I pity them....I believe cars have a soul.....for so many that i've owned and, so few i've sold they touch my life.

You never truly own a car......You just keep it for the next owner......Goodbye Silver Bullet.:sigh:

Last edited:

Definitely Sunday now.:)

There has been talk between my wife and I about trading in my R/T Daytona. Seems like a good idea, hop on the web and find some nice SUV's...but then I drive the Charger and its no longer an option...

At least you're trading for another sports car, I am trading on a likely baby mobile...

There has been talk between my wife and I about trading in my R/T Daytona. Seems like a good idea, hop on the web and find some nice SUV's...but then I drive the Charger and its no longer an option...

At least you're trading for another sports car, I am trading on a likely baby mobile...

Dan, try this for a thought....:eek: SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee.....hmmmm....:D
Four doors, lots of room for babies/ baby bags.....groceries....maybe a rocket or too!
470hp.... Stab and steer auto trans.... Might:rolleyes:make some clown in a ZL1 next too you :rolleyes:look like a darn fool (learning how to speed shift....AGAIN) roasting his paycheck in tires....

Just a thought.;)

See, still got some "Direct Connection" in my blood.:eek:

Congrats, Gus.

Very nice.

Le' Challenger...
1. Engine assembled in Mexico.
2. Transmission (Getrag) assembled in USA.
3. Final assembly of vehicle in Canada....*eh?!*

Le' Camaro...
1. Engine assembled in USA.
2. Transmission (Tremec 60) assembled in Mexico.
3. Final assembly of vehicle in Canada...*Uf da, yah der eh!;)*

Isn't it funny how some things....born in Canada...come to the USA....and, find a happy home amongst people not quite unlike ourselves?
Strange.....the little twists life throws at us....
Oui mon ami....:p
See you tomorrow everyone!:wave: Mike....BRING your boots!

Just about to finish packing!

I am now ready, willing, and able to inflict some serious pain unto the innocent skies of Princeton IL:dark:

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a great day, pictures and video later.

+1... What? You mean I can't do that again until Midwest Power :sigh:

Hot tub: great to see you... That N3301 was AWESOME :headbang:

Tim: :neener:

Firestarter: You lived up to that today! You know how the Bruch was cleared out of the way into a pile? Yep, that N2801 found a way to light it. I had to dump my rootbeer on that, my foot wouldn't do it.

What a waste of a rootbeer :sad:

Manny: really? Facing the barn?

TON of fun today! Great weather, blue skies, and good people! Can't wait for MWP! :clap:

Last edited:
From all the folks from Indiana, thank you for having us! Great weather, great flights, good friends, what a great way to end the season and start dreaming of the next.

Dennis

Ok.....I think I know who's doing what, their doing... :rolleyes:
That's right....a *certain* individual who was parked next to "Rusty" left his calling sign on my dash.
I'm happy too say that I found my little direction finder friend quite amusing and, reserved a special place on the dash for him the whole way home.
What an awesome day!View attachment 134230

Damn that was a fun weekend, a bunch of awesome flights. Thanks to all that helped.
Tim & Jackie thanks for the hospitality again.
What an incredible way to spend Fathers day weekend, burning AP, punching holes in the sky with some of my best friends. I even meet a few new ones.
Can't wait for MWP.

Mike

Manny: really? Facing the barn?

Hey, it was easier to get the trailer out that way....I'm selfish :neener:

What's the only way that I can stand out in a field while being burnt to a crisp, not fly rockets and still have a ton of fun? Being there with my best friends is how......

I brought out my "Big Stand" for the QCRS boys to abuse. The club 1530 rail was nice and clean having been used only twice at MWP X. This weekend it was guaranteed some charring courtesy of some AMW skidmark propellant. Gus was the first to abuse it with an AMW M2200 in his two stage scooter and red dog. Here is a picture of Gus, Ben and I posing in front of the rocket.
photo.JPG
and a video of the flight....I can let Gus explain a little more, but basically both igniters lit but the motor didn't.
[YOUTUBE]UcW_R77wr4s[/YOUTUBE]

Next was Claude with his 5" Jart on a CTI M3700. This was one of the coolest things I have ever seen, it was legendary!
Barney-Stinson-barney-stinson-15066651-353-500.jpg
[YOUTUBE]-MYvMyGeTGI[/YOUTUBE]
jart fire.PNG
peeled.JPG

After that, Jason Griffin flew his Ultimate Tar on an N3301.
[YOUTUBE]Om6WnvIi3SA[/YOUTUBE]

Gus then flew his :mad:cow Frenzy XL named Constipated Duck on an Overpowered by AMW N2801 skidmark.
mad cow.JPG
Please excuse the profanity in this video....
[YOUTUBE]FNiAcFLx1ik[/YOUTUBE]

The last big flight of the day was John Olevich with his Wasafassa on an Aeroshmuck "Mystery Motor"
wasafassa.JPG
[YOUTUBE]SzFj6UVAiqQ[/YOUTUBE]

Do you know what the international sign of a great weekend is? A big ass hole in the ground.
big hole.JPG

I had a great time and can't wait to meet up with my QCRS bros at MWP 11! See you there!

Manny

Last edited:
And Manny, pray tell, how come you didn't fly anything??

I heard the story from The Firestarter sitting out on my deck last night, but want to get it from the "horse's mouth."

Nice Vids..

+1. Thank you for sharing. If anyone has a high-rez pic of my Jart pls send it my way. :D

Had a great time, witnessed a lot of very nice flights, chatted with my rocketry brothers, was inspired by their designs and craftsmanship.... It's gonna be a loooong time to MWP :sigh:

And Manny, pray tell, how come you didn't fly anything??

I heard the story from The Firestarter sitting out on my deck last night, but want to get it from the "horse's mouth."

You can lead a horse to the river but you can't make him drink from it.

1.) I was busy helping people load their rockets onto my pad.
2.) The MonGus is built weird
3.) I didn't feel like it........

Back