EVENT QCRC June 13, 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we had a great day of flying. About 15 minutes of rain delay and the the clouds slowly started to clear out enough that Steve (SDramstad) got his L3 done successfully. I think that's the first L3 NAR I got to sign off on.
Congrats Steve, to a flight well done! We had some other excitement, but that's a story for another day as I'm sleepy... ;)

Well, we had a great day of flying. About 15 minutes of rain delay and the the clouds slowly started to clear out enough that Steve (SDramstad) got his L3 done successfully. I think that's the first L3 NAR I got to sign off on.
Congrats Steve, to a flight well done! We had some other excitement, but that's a story for another day as I'm sleepy... ;)
So Adrian you are like a TAP now, well, whatever NAR calls it?

And that was the excitement... :(:(

Well at least it was exciting o_O I knew it was going to be either a great launch or epic failure. I guess now we know which one :)

The weather turned out great in the afternoon after the ceiling lifted. Really a great day all around.

Thanks QCRC for another great launch event!!

BTW, here's the Sandhawk "before"

20200620_182856192_iOS.jpg

It worked!!!! I will tell you I was sweating the weather. Thanks to all who helped me out on Saturday. You guys are great. If anyone has pictures of the flight please get ahold of me. Thanks!!!
Steve

With luck will fly my L3 cert flight then.

Weather was great!!!!!! Light winds, lower ceilings in morning but pretty much completely clear by early afternoon. Sorry to those who missed it, it was a great launch. Thanks to the players who did all the work behind the scenes to make this happen. And congrats to Steve for a perfect L3 cert flight.

P.S. I think Chuck H. got a great launch shot. He usually posts a link to his website a few days after the launch.

Last edited:
So Adrian you are like a TAP now, well, whatever NAR calls it?

No, I am Prefect of QCRC now, but Sather was the L3CC of record for the flight, but NAR wants a second L3 flier to sign off on the paperwork.
So as Prefect, I can sign off on L1 & 2 flights for Tripoli, but not L3. That's where the TAPs come in.

Back