3D Printing Prusa News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to upgrade all my MK3S to the 3.5s after I get all the MK4s I need. I am looking at 6 to 8 new MK4s over the next 2 months. I have one coming on thursday. They must be all caught up with the MK4s as I ordered it Sat and it is to be here thursday already.

I am going to upgrade all my MK3S to the 3.5s after I get all the MK4s I need. I am looking at 6 to 8 new MK4s over the next 2 months. I have one coming on thursday. They must be all caught up with the MK4s as I ordered it Sat and it is to be here thursday already.
I will post a light review of the Mk3.5 upgrade.

I will do an unpacking set of photos this weekend. I am building rockets this weekend so it might be a week or so till I rebuild the printers.

I was considering getting the upgrade for the XL, but haven't convinced myself I need more than 2 toolheads yet. :)

There is an inner box of parts and screws:

IMG_0283.png

The parts do not include the plastic parts - you have to print those.

Parts list:

This product includes:
  • 32-bit xBuddy board (same as MK4)
  • Metal xBuddy case (and cover)
  • xLCD screen + cables (same as MK4)
  • Cable adapters for your current extruder and heatbed
  • Expansion joints for Heatbed
  • Fasteners and other accessories
  • Filament for printable parts

Parts kept from your MK3S/MK3S+

• Extruder with V6 hotend
  • Frame and extrusions (the new MK4 has just a different look)
  • PSU* (same wattage/voltage as MK4)
  • Heatbed MK52 24V (thermistor and power cables will be changed)
  • X/Y/Z/E motors
  • X/Y/Z rods and bearings

I have added a superpinda and metal bed clips. I am upgrading two printers to 3.5. Both are Mk3S. Both have Bondtech extruders. One uses a V6 hotend and the other is a mosquito. My mosquito is capable of 500 C. I have only had it at that temp a handful of prints.

Latest posts

Back