3D Printing Prusa Mini: 16 minute Benchie

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an iPhone stand that I am printing for work - took 2hr48m on the Mini with a 0.4mm nozzle. With input shaping, it took 1hr 10 minutes.

I have an iPhone stand that I am printing for work - took 2hr48m on the Mini with a 0.4mm nozzle. With input shaping, it took 1hr 10 minutes.
I remember when the Fillament Friday FF028 profile came out. A nosecone I was going to print went from 18 hours to 4.

The advances that have been made through software improvements are astounding, using fundamentally the same equipment as we started with.

We should be close to eliminating supports completely other than for islanded components that start to print higher up than the first one.

Last edited:
I love it! So much nicer with faster printing. This is a huge improvement in 3D printing technology; going from "over night" to "over lunch"!

I love it! So much nicer with faster printing. This is a huge improvement in 3D printing technology; going from "over night" to "over lunch"!
It does give up a little strength, but you can slow it down if you need it,

Prusa published a paper on speed comparison, which is well-written. We'll need more time to quantify the mechanical property differences. (The mention of having enough time for polymer cross-linking is intriguing.)

Prusa published a paper on speed comparison, which is well-written. We'll need more time to quantify the mechanical property differences. (The mention of having enough time for polymer cross-linking is intriguing.)
It is a good paper. A couple of people have done YouTube videos with tests.

Latest posts

Back