Prices on a popular online auction site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david davy

Reaction score
I was shocked at some of the asking prices for "Rare" vintage built and kit flying model rockets on this popular auction site. The one that first got my attention was a Estes V3 kit for $200.00 plus shipping. And of course it got worse from there. Oh well they can ask what they want in one hand and get something else in the other. "Rare" to who is always my question when I see "Rare" in a description on anything.

I was shocked at some of the asking prices for "Rare" vintage built and kit flying model rockets on this popular auction site. The one that first got my attention was a Estes V3 kit for $200.00 plus shipping. And of course it got worse from there. Oh well they can ask what they want in one hand and get something else in the other. "Rare" to who is always my question when I see "Rare" in a description on anything.
My guess is that at that price it was the Maxi V2 which is 4" (BT101?) diameter and hasnt been made in many years. The current V2 model is a 2.6" (BT80).

Back