Preparing for NARAM-50

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then it looks like you better fire up the lathe!!

:rotflol: :)

SO did you get enough for Gas to NARAM?

Ben

Well, so far i got a lot of "I wants" and "hold one for me's"

No money as of yet.

Last year.

One new President every 3 months with a very good distribution system (still subject to the whims of bad banks and savings banks disguised as real banks).

I kind of object to Grover Cleveland getting two coins, but he's the only prez to serve two terms out of sequence, so I guess he earned it.

Oh. That's why I haven't seen one. The paper is still in wide use.

yes, we remain in the 1900's.

We cannot count by "10" either, hence the use of silly units like "miles" and "quarts" and "ounces".

Maybe after the Presidential election they will proceed with "The Secret Plan" (tm) and pass the legislation to eliminate the rag dollar, eliminate the one cent coin and permit rounding to the nearest 5 cents for the final after-tax grand total when paying with cash.

Rounding.jpg

getting rid of pennies would be ok, but i'd hate to see the paper dollar go. sometimes on kids days i have several hundred of them and that would be unpleasant in coins.

getting rid of pennies would be ok, but i'd hate to see the paper dollar go. sometimes on kids days i have several hundred of them and that would be unpleasant in coins.

England does fine with the Pound coin and the two Pound coin.

Europe does fine with one and two Euro coins.

Canada does fine with one and two Canadian Dollar coins. (Loonies and Twonies).

The US small dollar coins weigh 8.1 grams each, so 123 would weigh a Kilogram.

You can always give them out as change for a Five, Ten or Twenty.

:D

i do not want to have to deal with nearly 4.5 pound of coins. a bundle of bills that i can jam in my pocket is MUCH easier to deal with.

/unhijack

1. nair (like the hair burning stuff) um
2. (not sure actually :( )
3. like testes without the first T ;)

Ben

So anyway...

What are the correct pronunciations of the following acronym and names:

1. NARAM
2. Gleda
3. Estes

1. some say the first syl as Nar, as in car; others say Nair (as in the brand of hair remover). The second syl can be am as in "I am a rocketeer!" or, um, "um."

I say both, interchangably, without thinking too much about it, though Nair-um is my usual. There are enough people who say "Nar-AM" to make you go "hmmm".

2. Glee'-dah, though I've heard others say Gleh -da

3. Ess - Tess. At least that is how I've heard Vern and Gleda pronounce it. Regionally, we here in Atlanta are familiar with Estes Heating and Air Conditioning, who advertise on TV a lot, and they say ESS - tease. The kid who introduced me to model rocketry back in 1967 had just come over from Czechoslovakia. He had mostly lost his accent, but he pronounced it Es-TET.

1. some say the first syl as Nar, as in car; others say Nair (as in the brand of hair remover). The second syl can be am as in "I am a rocketeer!" or, um, "um."

I say both, interchangably, without thinking too much about it, though Nair-um is my usual. There are enough people who say "Nar-AM" to make you go "hmmm".

2. Glee'-dah, though I've heard others say Gleh -da

3. Ess - Tess. At least that is how I've heard Vern and Gleda pronounce it.

1. It makes sense to me that it would be "nar," as in NAR, and "am," as in "I am a rocketeer," but I've heard both pronunciations too.

2. Okay, thanks.

3. If that's how Vern and Gleda pronounce it, that's more than good enough for me! Also, that's how I already pronounce it, though I have heard people say "ESS - tease" too.

do you say you belong to nair or that you belong to nahr?

Got a couple of test flights in this past weekend so I can fly the models at NAIREM next week... Thanks to Kevin Johnson for taking some great pictures while launching my models with his toe!

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

Got a couple of test flights in this past weekend so I can fly the models at NAIREM next week... Thanks to Kevin Johnson for taking some great pictures while launching my models with his toe!
What's up with that? I thought the full NARAM experience involved building models in your hotel room, not completing and test-flying them ahead of time.
:surprised:

What's up with that? I thought the full NARAM experience involved building models in your hotel room, not completing and test-flying them ahead of time.
Speaking of which, I've managed to misplace the decals for my Golden Scouts, so they may end up having their flight numbers (#635 and #636) handwritten on them with a Sharpie.
:(:rolleyes:

Oh I'll be working on a couple in the hotel... I just figured the RC ones should be tested so they don't chase people around the field...

I wonder how soon I should start packing my rockets, clothes, and all of the other crap I'm bringing with me.

Maybe this evening some time, after I get home from work?

In about 12 hours, I'll be leaving for the airport. I sure hope it doesn't take me all night to pack or anything.

I'll see some of all y'all guys and gals tomorrow night or Saturday!

Hey, if I use my hotel shower as a spray booth for clear coat, will anyone be able to tell?
;)

Ok, I need your guys's help! I need to geta 2nd 29/240 Aerotech motor. I forgot I returned my budy's. I am launching my Deuce's wild on Saturday so I can clean it ASAP and get it back. I might be able to launch it Sunday.

Ben

with a deuce you want matching motors. what 29/240 do you have?

I have the motors, I just need a case and closures. I'll sweeten the deal, $5 for case rental :D and cleaned :)

Edit: incase you are wondering 2 H97's

Ben

well, that's a different question!

I got 1 you can borrow. that should be a sweet flight.

well, that's a different question!

I got 1 you can borrow. that should be a sweet flight.

Sweet!! I will be there Saturday. My friend drives a silver something. Looks like a Subaru 4 wheel something-or-another. How can I find you?

Ben

Back