Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just keeps getting funnier. From that article:

and then looking at the wikipedia article on the Vdara:

maybe in the next 007 movie Bond will blow one of these up.
Vdara is a building that is part of the Wynn. I don't think I've seen it during the day. Another good one in Vegas is the Luxor. It's the pyramid. When the sun comes up the reflected light is aimed right at our airport. The pilots were complaining as it was being built. Didn't do any good. At certain times of the day the reflection is blinding. From east, south and west. At times we can see the light beam coming out of the top here in Pahrump. It's about 60 miles away as the crow flies.

Pennsylvania used to have this sort of sign on the turnpike but it listed fines rather than points. I had a coworker that used exactly the logic described. His basic assumption was that we was absolutely NOT going to drive the speed limit so he might as well drive over 80 mph because it was "only $20 more."

I'd have thought osmium would be alright.
Contact of the vapor with skin can cause dermatitis, and direct contact with the solid can lead to severe irritation and burns. Osmium tetroxide is a strong oxidizer that will sublime (pass directly from solid to vapor and back to solid) readily at room temperature and significantly when refrigerated.

I'd have thought osmium would be alright.
I just want to lick uranium…

Ps I think I’d be fine as long as I don’t make a habit of it*

*I was unable to find a study on whether uranium’s addictive (this is apparently the only uranium study the Cold War US government didn’t do) so I guess I’ll have to hope not…

I just want to lick uranium…

Ps I think I’d be fine as long as I don’t make a habit of it*

*I was unable to find a study on whether uranium’s addictive (this is apparently the only uranium study the Cold War US government didn’t do) so I guess I’ll have to hope not…
A cute little story on uranium and the dosimeter dog tags.
My father was a mobility sergeant in the air force. He was required to wear the dosimeter tag on his chain along with the dog tags.
No big deal there. The problem arose when he went back to his grand dads ranch in New Mexico for a visit. The ranch also had a working uranium mine on it in the Grants District up around the Chaco Canyon area.
While there he went to visit a few of his buddies in the mine, thought nothing of it and threw his shirt along with his tags (and dosimeter) in a metal bucket.
Returning home he continued to wear the tags and dosimeter as normal.
Once he turned the dosimeter in for the required developing things got real interesting. The dosimeter was reading that he had received a lethal dose of radiation and all hell was breaking out with the authorities trying to track down where the dosage had come from. All this is happening BEFORE they inquire to the possible exposure to my dad.
Once they finally did he thought about it and recalled putting them in that metal bucket, in an active uranium mine.

That is on of the most important documents in history, it was the first record of deaths!! Why it’s in a lol thread I don’t know…
The goofy manners of some of the deaths. 13 of them are because of "planet." It's a reference to bad luck due to astrology if Carl Sagan was right about this.

Back