• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard bins, but trash cans are metal.
metal headbang GIF

IMG_5637.png
“Hurricane forums are full of people comparing wind speeds and peek pressure and comparing it to one in 98’ with a quick note saying they hope no one dies”

The last time I saw a round metal garbage can was in the 60's.

This is just outside my garage door. The rocks and bungee cords are to keep the raccoons out as this is where we store corn and bird seed. If you look closely at the first two with bungee cords you can see a lot of raccoon footprints on the tops.

IMG_20240430_131158270_HDR.jpg

its a bastardization of "calice" {KAW-liss} which is .. chalice: great goblet.. its an expression of surprise or frustration..

Pretty much all Quebec French swears are religious..

Basically, I can string together religious items, and they become a swear..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity
Long story short (ok, not really, its still too long. . . )

My previous employer provided a large piece of equipment for a company who made airplanes and was located in Quebec. During installation (a few month process due to the size of the equipment) various engineers, technicians and service people were on-site for quite a while. It was not uncommon for our employees to hear various terms (not going to list here, but available in the above wiki article) that were obviously intended as profanity, but just made no sense to the Americans. At one point, one of the Americans said cul-de-sac (i.e. the round thing at the end of a street is the common usage in the US if that term isn't familiar to some readers who have lasted this long) and the Quebicois version sounded like coot-de-sak, but was said so fast it was closer to coot-sak. So for the rest of the trip and for years later, if something went wrong, you'd hear an engineer yell 'COOT-SAK!!!', even people who never went on that trip adopted it back at the home office.

I have no clue if it is a real profanity in Montreal, but at a small company in North Carolina it was for quite a few years.

This is just outside my garage door. The rocks and bungee cords are to keep the raccoons out as this is where we store corn and bird seed. If you look closely at the first two with bungee cords you can see a lot of raccoon footprints on the tops.

View attachment 643092

Fun fact: If you actually keep trash in trash cans, a bag of cat litter box waste inside the can will keep raccoons from messing with it.

Back