Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
In another forum I use, we have this thread going and it's currently over 730 pages.

Just post pics that make you laugh. Discussion not necessary. Keep it PG-13 please.

I'll start:

h91B90F41

Now I know why my UPS packages look so good. Ha!

Here's some funny stuff I've seen at NASA...

First, some JSC engineers hard at work in their morning meeting in the Shuttle Training Facility...
DSCF5104.jpg

Next, a closeup of the stickers on the tables their sitting at... just standard folding tables here, like you'd have at a PTA picnic or something...
DSCF5105.jpg

And another closeup...
DSCF5106.jpg

Now, these are NASA ENGINEERS for pity's sake... REAL honest-to-goodness rocket scientists... and they have to be reminded about GRAVITY and center of gravity and not to sit on the ends of lightweight tables so you don't go @$$ over teakettle?? Hoo-boy... :facepalm:

This one was in the Shuttle Training Facility as well, about 30-40 yards down from the ISS training area where the meeting was taking place... In the shuttle cabin trainer area, where they practice egress from a crashed shuttle (by rappelling down the side of the orbiter mockup by going out the windows, presumably into the water...)
DSCF5107.jpg

Apparently that vacuum's only purpose is to provide suction to deflate "Mae West" floatation devices or something... the only other possible use for "evacuating bladders only" would tend to get very messy and very smelly in short order, I'd imagine... (plus might get you arrested for making love to shop equipment...LOL:))

Finally, from our visit to Kennedy Space Center this past summer, on our tour of Pad 39A, the sign from inside the protected area to describe the alert system...
DSCF8141.jpg

Again, these are NASA "rocket scientists" with, in many cases, close to a decade or more of undergraduate and post-graduate study, and yet they misspelled "personnel"... :facepalm:

You can't make up stuff this good... :)

What's even funnier?? At Epcot, on the "Mission to Mars" ride, as you walk through the "Mission Control" area while standing in line for the ride and make your way down the hallway to the ride entrance a SIMILAR sign is spelled CORRECTLY... *DOH!*... so it's WRONG on the real thing, but RIGHT on the FAKE... :point:

Later! OL JR :)

I have like...70 pictures of things that make me LOL with more added each day...heres a few:
bTPBK9gp.jpg

4AM7JHEj.jpg

5DSNHTFc.jpg

9kCmrATl.jpg

9UFiftil.jpg

This thread is sorta dangerous for me. I can quote from Cletus: "now is my time to shine"

Funny pics has been my bread and butter on my website for almost a decade. My Funny pics folder holds over 7,000 pictures.

I promise to pace myself, and pledge to never let this thread hit the floor.

Apologies in advance

thanks by beerorkid, on Flickr

warmz by beerorkid, on Flickr

2ply by beerorkid, on Flickr

agreed by beerorkid, on Flickr

praisehim by beerorkid, on Flickr

Saw this driving around

Photo-0654.jpg

then saw this on the web
Untitled.jpg

had to try it
Photo-0644.jpg

I have a bunch more but they arent really appropriate

Good stuff- the drag racer loosing the wheel reminds me of a classic one with the JBS Offshore boat loosing the wheel- but the language is a little strong-
I sooo wanna post it tho.

This thread is sorta dangerous for me. I can quote from Cletus: "now is my time to shine"

Funny pics has been my bread and butter on my website for almost a decade. My Funny pics folder holds over 7,000 pictures.

I promise to pace myself, and pledge to never let this thread hit the floor.

Apologies in advance

THAT, my good man, is EXACTLY the kind of attitude I was hoping for here. :cheers:

I too am worried about pacing myself.

Lets keep the pics in line, please - some are a bit much, and if it continues, you know the result

-Kevin

I DID request it stay PG-13 guys!

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID! DON'T ANGER THE TROJ!

English class.jpgValue-of-something.jpg
Tiger.jpg
And a random picture of an sugar motor text that cato'ed at the last launch:

L motor cato.png
(This one did not make me LOL).

Back