Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I fear is that we've invested so much money in these wonder toys and have so few in inventory and so much invested in the aircrew training that eventually (if not already) it'll come to a financial decision to risk the hardware and do what's necessary, or avoid the potential risk and just let the bad guys keep on being bad guys.

At that point we'll be a paper tiger with a glass cannon.
You wouldn't be talking about the war in Ukraine, would you?

That said, using it to bomb poppy fields in Afghanistan is an enormous waste of resources (how many $/hour to operate!?) and smells of a make-work project to show that it can be used for Something.
And to give the crews some "combat" air time.

I was going to post about how the F22 has been sent on combat missions. And then I looked and it's basically only been used against undefended targets. So yeah.
Once, when Iran was getting uppity, an F-22 intercepted a couple of Iranian aircraft. They never saw it coming. It flew underneath the Iranians, pulled up next to them, and the pilot broadcast to them, "You should go home now." The Iranians presumably didn't know it was there until that message went out. They bugged out quickly.

The F-22's very existence keeps adversaries in fear.

The best deterrent is sometimes the one that never has to be used.
But when it's not used when it should be, that very act becomes de facto warrant and sanction to the misconduct that should be stopped.

Dithering is not an effective strategy for success, and half measures are counted in human lives.

Sometimes it's entirely appropriate to smash a fly with a sledge hammer.

Last edited:
Once, when Iran was getting uppity, an F-22 intercepted a couple of Iranian aircraft. They never saw it coming. It flew underneath the Iranians, pulled up next to them, and the pilot broadcast to them, "You should go home now." The Iranians presumably didn't know it was there until that message went out. They bugged out quickly.

The F-22's very existence keeps adversaries in fear.
That is the best story I have heard all week!!

Ps and I’ve been reading the lord of the rings!

Latest posts

Back