Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the B-1 was supposed to take over the SAC role of the B-52. The president cancelled it saying it was a good airplane, just 40% too expensive as a B-52 replacement. President Reagan brought it back as the redesigned B-1b, which was doubly wrong as we were so much closer to the B-2 then. The B-2 is a national treasure and I would never want to put one in harms way.

I liked the B-1 and I thought they could have produced one wing as a special purpose bomber, perhaps building as many as the B-1b's that were actually built. What I liked most most about the B-1 was that it could do a base escape with a supersonic dash, while the B-52 had to be kept in the air or at remote locations to avoid destruction by a nuclear blast. I also liked the variable inlet option for enhanced supersonic performance.
Yes. As I recall, the President cancelled it yet couldn't state the real reason because the stealth B2 was still completely secret. Around that time the LA Times reported ~ 10,000 people working at Lockheed/Burbank, yet there was no record of a public or government contract explaining what they were doing (F-117).

1706048974754-png.625729
Ouija Board:
S O Y O U A R E T H I R S T Y

That’s a pretty good deal actually. How much does the ribeye steak weigh? Choice or prime?

Except for the Busch. Busch? Seriously? It is 2024. We don’t have to drink the gross stuff. How about a Fat Tire? Or at least Michelob.
The one all the way on the left has a different beer, but I don't recognize the livery. All the same, I'd prefer a Sam Adams or a Yuengling.

And only 2? For grilling a nice ribeye?
Umm, $20. Assuming it's a good size steak, and it certainly appears to be well marbled, that's a good deal even if I throw out the lousy beer.

Back