Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the space shuttle in LA today. Found this interesting souvenir in the gift shop

I was going to say "I don't see anything funny about overpriced novelty reproductions.

Then it hit me (at around M4)

Meanwhile, back to the funnies!

51240504_1970537203050568_7841045973802418176_n.jpg

I knew the SR-71 had stealth capabilities, but I had no idea it could mimic other birds. Impressive.

Looks like that cheeseburger's drag isn't too bad. And it's surprising that there doesn't appear to be lift, despite the curved top and flat bottom. (The funniest bit is the time stamp in the lower left.)

Looks like that cheeseburger's drag isn't too bad. And it's surprising that there doesn't appear to be lift, despite the curved top and flat bottom. (The funniest bit is the time stamp in the lower left.)

I liked the Mach number in the lower right. :)

I kept watching it waiting for the shred until I looked at the time stamp... Consider me disappointed... o_O

Latest in "fast food." Don't have time to sit down and unwrap the burger? Now McDonald's will shoot the burger into your mouth with pinpoint accuracy while you are at the counter. This was obviously test footage.

I feel rather confident that at the Reynolds numbers that cheeseburgers generally operate, a sesame seed bun would trip the boundary layer and allow the upper surface flow to remain attached a bit longer. Prolly reduce the Cd a bit and increase the Cl.

Just sayin'...

D4g1yG1WwAALWs4.jpg

A protest sign that doesn't seem to work. Also, I see "Falling Rock Ahead" signs, but never reach the town of Falling Rock.
D4gYKyNWAAAwcOt.jpg

D4d_vgPXsAgDhC4.jpg

Back