Popsicle Rocket took to the air

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
First let me say sorry for not having pics of this but Ill tell you all about it.

About an hour ago I got the itch to fly this rocket. Its kinda windy outside but I said oh well I have a field big enough and Ill fly it into the wind. I used a 12" chute and a C11-5 for its first flight. She took to the sky like she belonged there. Due to the weight of the rocket it only went a few hundered feet but it flew straight as an arrow. The delay was a little long for this. Not sure if it was due to the head wing slowing it down or just the weight but she was nose down when it deployed. Chute opened great and the decent was a little fast, again not sure if it was due to the wind but that was ok. It landed about 15 feet from the launch site but it hit the road and one of the fins broke off. The damage is super easy to fix. Im going to use a stronger glue and some heavy duty filets this time. Im going to launch her again tomorrow with a 12 and a larger chute. Ill post more when that is over.

Dan

You know Dan,

You just won a space-race of sorts... I've been working on a popsicle stick rocket of my own, scheduled to fly in November or December. People kept asking me, "can you do that?" My reply? "I don't see why not!" :cool:

Was yours cylindrical, box-shaped, or conical? I've been working both cylindrical and conical designs...

Congrats on the launch!

WW

Back