Picard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, STD "Disco" is canceled after 5 season contract expired. SNW season 2 is greenlit. Paramount desperately needs the content. No one will fund the 4th Bad Robot movie even if they could get the cast back. Terry Trek helped the franchise so I think they might show his boss Kurtzman the money! Will need some decent scripts to approve, very hard to do in modern Hollywood.

I think the suits are leaving their options open.
Right now there are three live-action productions considered “active” by Paramount - Strange New Worlds (S2s ratings will most likely drive S3 but who knows, look how long Disco survived), Starfleet Academy and Michelle Yeoh’s long in development hell Section 31 movie (no word on whether it’ll get a theatrical release). Then there’s the rumor floating around that Kurtzman/Secret Hideout wants to pivot back to movies, maybe seeing an opportunity with Disney announcing 10X as many Star Wars movies as they’re probably ever going to make. But ViacomCBS has announced they’re going to start cutting costs to maintain profitability so all these potential future movie and series announcements could be vaporware.

Matalas has said publicly he wants 7 of 9 in the captain’s chair for a new series - Star Trek Legacy - and considers the last 20 minutes of Picard S3 E10 as a pilot. As Daddyisabar said, it’s about the money - if ViacomCBS tells Kurtzman they want more Terry Trek that’s what they’ll make cuz that keeps the paychecks coming.

Beginning with Voyager the Borg simply are not scary anymore.

Really? I would have pegged it at "The Best of Both Worlds". The Borg were meant to be "the enemy you aren't ready to face and won't have to if you don't keep sticking your p***er where it doesn't belong". Nah... 2 episodes later, they're trashed - no wait, they're back - again... and again...

I still don't get it though... Can someone connect the dots for me? The Borg at end of season 2 of Picard wer converted into something like an ally? Why all the fuss with the federation in season 3?

Watching finale tonight.

because it's atrophied into Highlander - each new installment has little to no regard for anything that came before

It's amazing what mankind will be able to do in the future! That dern Bones lived a very long time even with out those pointy ears!
He's 137 in 2364. Chekov was 16 years younger (based on Kelley's & Koenig's ages), so he's 121 at that time. Picard S3 takes place in 2401, so that's 37 years later - making Chekov 158. Assuming "Anton" is Koenig's current age (86), Pavel would have been 72.
Not bad. I believe Doohan was 82 when his last kid was born.

He's 137 in 2364. Chekov was 16 years younger (based on Kelley's & Koenig's ages), so he's 121 at that time. Picard S3 takes place in 2401, so that's 37 years later - making Chekov 158. Assuming "Anton" is Koenig's current age (86), Pavel would have been 72.
Not bad. I believe Doohan was 82 when his last kid was born.
Does anyone remember the 99-year-old billionaire who married Anna Nicole Smith and did have a child with her? At 99? This was in real life, not Star Trek.

I finally finished Season 3.

By far the best of Picard, too bad its the end.

I'm sure that the Enterprise G will get her own show.

Back