Quantcast

peanut scale?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

extremevelocity

Reaction score
Hi I've decided to build something small myself.
I've got some Bt5 tubes and cones here:)I was hoping to build either a black brant 2 stage or a sprint or something like that.
Is there any A boosters available,I know Estes don't list anything.
Is there any other sources for this?I'm in Canada and I don't know how easy it is to import rocket motors to Canada now.

If anyone has any neat designs ie drawings let me know:)
Mike

jflis

Reaction score
wanna do something *real* cool, try a BT5 based Saturn V. You'd be surprised at how much detail you can put on it, even at that scale, it'll blow folks away when they see it :)

for a simple, but truely cool scale, you could look at the WAC Corporal too. I *love* the lines of that rocket.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
how about that German micro motor Saturn V you have... that thing looks really cool ;)

astronboy

Reaction score
The A10-0Ts are pretty easy to find. My local Mom and Pop hobby shop has a rack full of them.

As for BT-5 based rockets, here is a pic of two of my 'T-birds': A downscale Cherokee D and Renegade. They are pictured next to a Streak clone for scale purposes. Both scream on mini engines, and recover with small streamers:

jflis

Reaction score
Originally posted by n3tjm
how about that German micro motor Saturn V you have... that thing looks really cool ;)
oh, that ain't no *micro* saturn V, that's a *fempto* Saturn V... The MMX motors wouldn't stand a chance fitting into that beast, they are MUCH too large :)

At slightly less than 1/4" diameter, it works out to about 1:1600 scale making it the smallest Saturn V model rocket ever built :)

extremevelocity

Reaction score
hi everybody thanks for your input.
I was surprised to see Jim from Fliskit being an active member on a the board.
It sure makes for a knowledgeable crowd:)
I was looking at the Cougar on Fliskits website.
There are 2 models and one of them got glowing reviews.
Is there any big diff on them?
After all I've found a good drawing of the BBviii
and will start building soon:)
Mike

jflis

Reaction score
extremevelocity,

Don't want to send this thread way off topic (feel free to check out the thread devoted to the differences between the Cougar 440 & 660 at: http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4398&highlight=cougar+440 )

The main difference is body tube diameter (440 is BT5 and the 660 is BT20) and the streamer size. The 440 streamer is 4" X 40" and the 660 is 6" X 60". both are 13mm models.

oh! and welcome to TRF! Yea, i'm an active member here. Well, I post occationally anyway... :p

jim